Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for big boobs

(11 Posts)
ChasingStaplers Fri 26-Apr-13 16:55:31

Just had to return all the clothes I ordered through Pepperberry as they are too small round the bust!

I ordered a 12 super curvy and it all fitted fine, except I couldn't do the dresses up around my boobs. (The dresses/tops with no zip gave me enormous cleavage)
I have just had DC3, am breastfeeding and literally have NO clothes. I don't want to be frumpy and wear shapeless stuff but am also sick of jersey!
To too it all, I have an important networking event which I've been asked back from maternity to attend and am worried I'll have nothing to wear.

All suggestions welcome!

ChasingStaplers Fri 26-Apr-13 16:59:13

MadBusLady Fri 26-Apr-13 17:59:31

I'm assuming a 14SC be too big elsewhere?

I came across this place mentioned on a blog the other day. Don't know what it's like and they only seem to do a couple of white shirts, but at least that would be a start for smartwear.

Also noticed M&S now do shirts in "larger bust" sizes, but I've not tried any on. Be surprised if they were bigger than a Pepperberry SC.

Failing that, would the budget stretch to tailoring, just for occasions when you REALLY want a fitted top?

ChasingStaplers Fri 26-Apr-13 18:37:24

Thanks madbuslady - I think I'll have a look in m&s to see what they offer.

Was already thinking about investing in a sewing machine as the tailors at the end of my road charge a fortune - looks like that's decision made!

superbagpuss Fri 26-Apr-13 18:39:29

I try to wear fitted smart t shirts or tops under my suits for work, covers me up and looks smart with no panic about buttons coming undone.

ChunkyPickle Fri 26-Apr-13 18:44:32

There's always made to measure - have a google, there are a couple of places that'll make shirts for under 20 quid!

Mumelie Fri 26-Apr-13 21:31:16

You could try St Bustier. Not cheap but up to an H cup

ChasingStaplers Fri 26-Apr-13 22:02:21

Ooh some lovely clothes on there, mumelie!

Also having a look at made to measure - cant believe it can be cheaper than the high street.

ThePendant Sat 27-Apr-13 00:14:27

Both Oliver Bonas and Joy have dresses that work well with boobs at the moment.
They are not specifically aimed at big boobs but the cuts seem to work well.

(I'm 32j and have bought a couple of dresses from each recently)

ChasingStaplers Sat 27-Apr-13 07:44:03

Do you size up thependant? There's a couple of dresses I like on the Joy website.

ThePendant Sat 27-Apr-13 13:00:35

I wear a 14 for the Joy dresses.
Some of them need a bit of sewing to prevent exposing myself, but nothing drastic.
Link if you like - I've tried on loads there as there is one near my work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now