Talk

Advanced search

DD wants to go shoe shopping tomorrow - help please.

(5 Posts)
tigerzzzz Fri 26-Apr-13 13:51:23

I dread shoe shopping with 11yo DD. She is a shoe obsessive - serious strops will ensue if she doesn't find anything.

She is currently in a size 4, but says they're too small, so I guess we'll be looking for 4.5 /5s. She has very narrow feet - D fit in Clarks. She can never find ballet pumps to fit, although that's what she would like.

She needs something for the summer. Problem is she's now in adult sizes so Clarks narrow width fitting are all £40+ and I don't want to pay that while her feet are growing so quickly. She's just grown out of some New Look pretend Converse which have been great so we might get those as a fall back but really she'd like pumps or sandals or something like that.

Any idea where we can find narrow fitting shoes that don't cost a fortune?

daisydoodoo Fri 26-Apr-13 14:04:38

new look ballet flats can come up narrow, they vary a lot between styles.

h&m have some ballet flats with elasticated backs which can help them stay on, as do next.

landofsoapandglory Fri 26-Apr-13 14:11:10

I find New Look teens shoes come up narrower than the standard ones. I don't know how available they are in store though.

tigerzzzz Fri 26-Apr-13 15:15:38

OK thanks. We'll give New Look and H&M a go.

newgirl Fri 26-Apr-13 17:03:16

Tk maxx can be good (my dd the same!) - found really nice lace ups in very large sainsburys recently

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now