Talk

Advanced search

Good thigh-corset jeans?

(10 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Fri 26-Apr-13 11:20:35

Used to spend loads on jeans, reasoning that they were the item I wore most, but now that I have children I am poor, plus my arse keeps changing size.

Anyway, have a birthday coming up, so wanted to get a few pairs of mid-range jeans to keep me going. I have a few criteria, but if anyone can be bothered to bear with me, I would really appreciate some suggestions:

Not too flimsy denim - I need the thigh-corset effect
Not so low rise I look like an overweight Britney Spears, not so high rise that I get the long bottom effect.

Has anyone tried the Levi's I'd jeans? Anything on the high street people would recommend?

BunnyLebowski Fri 26-Apr-13 11:22:52

Um

these??

HTH

ProjectGainsborough Fri 26-Apr-13 11:33:11

Yes. Just like those, please.

I like the way they advertise a fake engagement ring to fend off unwanted attention AND jeans that would make Jenna Jameson blush.

Umlauf Fri 26-Apr-13 11:37:25

I have the Levi's curve I'd ones, 2 pairs and I really love them. They're not really smart looking, even in a dark wash, but so comfy. I got mine at an outlet in Ashford so they were a great price.

The curve is more for the bum than thighs though, the by at the top of the jeans which normally gapes isn't there in the Levi's. I do have chunky thighs which fit in them nicely though!

MrsHelsBels74 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:37:43

Dear lord those jeans are fugly.

BunnyLebowski Fri 26-Apr-13 11:41:05

Sorry OP. I couldn't resist grin

I've heard good things about the Levi curve range but I don't wear jeans so am about as much use as tits on a bull.

freddiefrog Fri 26-Apr-13 12:02:25

I've got a pair of Levi Curve and I really like them

To be honest, I don't have any curves, and I didn't really read the label properly (got v excited about a pair of Levi skinnies in my size in TK Maxx for a tenner and grabbed them) so they fit more like a loser fit pair of boyfriend jeans.

But they still fit really well and don't give me a builders bum when I bend over

AmberNectarine Fri 26-Apr-13 13:30:46

My best slimming jeans are Nudie High Kais. Like spanx for the thighs, seriously!

Rooble Fri 26-Apr-13 13:42:11

I also have Levi curve ID and think they're fantastic. The way the pockets are sewn on makes my (v substantial) bum look significantly smaller; there is zero gape around the waist, which for me is unheard of; no need to wear a belt to hold them up... They are the best!

herbaceous Fri 26-Apr-13 13:45:50

I've got two pairs of Levis Curve - one 'straight', and one skinny.

The straight ones fit like a dream, and never bag, but are a trifle mumsy. The skinny ones are quite groovy, but within half a day the thighs have stretched so much they're like jodhpurs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now