Talk

Advanced search

Am desperate for some new jeans.......

(12 Posts)
MonkeyingAroundTown Thu 25-Apr-13 22:09:04

Just had a look on New Look website and the majority of their jeans are skinny!!!! Oh with the occasional boyfriend jeans thrown in. I do like both these styles (tho i dont know whether my legs are a bit too chunky for skinnys) but I am after some straight leg or bootcut jeans. Its annoying how these shops just dont have any different styles as skinny jeans dont suit everyone!

IntheFrame Thu 25-Apr-13 22:46:13

Trouble is bootcut was the fashion just before skinnies so it looks a bit dated. You need the fashion before that which was slouchy or flared (bit like VB wears).
Asda had some fab slouchy jeans in the sale (£9) but Fat Face have some good jeans. Don't know if their online store is worthwhile but you can pick them up from £15 or less from their outlet stores.

SorrelForbes Thu 25-Apr-13 23:07:43

Gap Relaxed Boyfriend jeans are straight legged and very flattering.

MonkeyingAroundTown Fri 26-Apr-13 12:45:54

thank you for your replies. i will look at gap. x

MonkeyingAroundTown Sun 28-Apr-13 22:57:43

I checked out gap at our local outlet store today and they had some lovely Jeans. Lots of different styles too other than just skinnys! Also bench had some nice style Jeans and I bought a slim leg pair at half price. Am chuffed!!

OneLittleLady Sun 28-Apr-13 23:00:17

New look definitely have bootcut jeans in store. They also had straight leg in my local store. Could be worth a look if you have one nearby?

Numberlock Sun 28-Apr-13 23:01:20

H&M

kingbeat23 Sun 28-Apr-13 23:20:34

Apparently next have some really nice jeans. Not too high waisted and not the old style big boot it flare.

Failing that when I worked for gap long and lean were amazing made every part look fab!

SorrelForbes Mon 29-Apr-13 07:07:43

Long and Lean were fantastic but sadly they have been discontinued.

MonkeyingAroundTown Mon 29-Apr-13 10:59:57

The long and lean at gap were available at our outlet store.didn't try them on as was pushed for time but definitely going back top try all the different styles on.

badtasteyoni Mon 29-Apr-13 12:08:31

I would go for straight leg jeans - they look skinny-ish but don't go in tight at the ankles so more flattering IMO. I have some Levi straight leg - think they're 505's - they're a good fit for me.

I also have a couple of pairs of Asda straight leg jeans - they were really cheap (about £14 I think) and have a bit of stretch in them so are a good fit too.

mejon Mon 29-Apr-13 14:39:11

I have the straight leg jeans from Gap. They're gorgeous. Not too wide but not skin-tight. I can't do skinny jeans as I have sausage legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now