Talk

Advanced search

dry hair.....ive got 2 days till i go out on my hen night :-)

(4 Posts)
biglips Thu 25-Apr-13 21:58:47

I've just straightened my hair tonight and my hair looks dry on the outside. Is there a super quick solution? I cant use hot wax vo5 as in allergic to it.

thanks x

featherbag Thu 25-Apr-13 22:05:10

Coconut oil! Apply sparingly to dry hair, work it into the ends, wrap hair in cling film and then in a towel that's been on a radiator. Leave it for half an hour. Rub shampoo into your hair without applying water first, them rinse out. Shampoo again normally, and dry your hair, using a heat protection spray first. Works a charm - I did this to my hair when I over-bleached it once and left it like straw and was amazed! Get a pot of pure coconut oil from the 'world foods' aisle in sainsburys rather than the hair care section, it's a fraction of the price!

biglips Fri 26-Apr-13 13:43:21

Thank u feather...ill give that a go x

janmoomoo Fri 26-Apr-13 13:53:12

Agree, coconut oil does a fab job. But also try a clarifying shampoo - it may be that you have a build up of silicone and products (that is what happened to me), and you need to strip that off before any moisture will get into your hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now