Talk

Advanced search

If I wear DMs when it's cold and havaianas when it's hot what should I wear when it's clement?

(13 Posts)
IThinkOfHappyWhenIThinkOfYou Thu 25-Apr-13 18:08:43

Ballet flats? I put 'ballet' in the search bar of schuh and there were only 6 matches. Has something replaced them?

I wear jeans all the time, except when it's too hot and then I wear denim shorts.

IThinkOfHappyWhenIThinkOfYou Thu 25-Apr-13 18:10:31

I'm 39, if that matters, and the same size and shape as Jeanette Winterson (without the hair).

greenteawithlemon Thu 25-Apr-13 18:11:04

I like toms! Or brogues.

NumTumDeDum Thu 25-Apr-13 18:12:17

I'm 34 and go with converse boots or ballet flats depending on my choice of trousers.

TooTiredToBeCreative Thu 25-Apr-13 18:13:42

I have just ordered some converse dance lace, they seem like a good half way option!

squeaver Thu 25-Apr-13 18:14:17

yy to Converse or ballet flats (Hobbs does good ones)

Poodlehorse Thu 25-Apr-13 18:23:57

such a good question. I struggle with the inbetweeny footwear and living in Scotland it is what I need for a large part of summer as proper summer footwear too cold. Although I resolutely wear Birkenstocks until my feet freeze. I am wearing Birkenstock clogs today. I am in search of nice flats that are actually comfy though as many are too flat and have no cushioning. But those that do are mumsy or even granny. I could do with some help.

BikeRunSki Thu 25-Apr-13 18:29:47

Converse or Fit Flop sneakers for casual, White Stuff wedges for work/dresses. Ballet flats look silly on my huge feet a.d chunky calves.

issimma Thu 25-Apr-13 18:31:20

Superga / converse
Desert boots
Birkies

Queenbee245 Thu 25-Apr-13 18:32:46

Try typing pumps instead of ballet

IThinkOfHappyWhenIThinkOfYou Thu 25-Apr-13 19:26:18

I think I need to be more open-minded re toms and converse. Toms look a little odd and I wore converse last time around. I didn't wear them well. I think I might be able to get away with the dance lace one or ballerina. I prefer superga to converse and I hadn't even heard of them so thanks. I love brogues but I need something less smart. Just found some nice ones on White Stuff (didn't know they did shoes). Birkies make me feel and look elderly. Pumps brings up a lot more than ballet. Unfortunately I still hate most of it. I don't want anything with a wee bow on.

Shybairns Thu 25-Apr-13 19:28:15

Converse?

SweepTheHalls Thu 25-Apr-13 19:30:18

My cranberry converse dance lance are beautiful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now