Talk

Advanced search

Help me accessorise and with hair/make up, please!

(6 Posts)
BuntyCollocks Thu 25-Apr-13 16:44:49

My dd is being christened in a few weeks. I have these shoes to go with this dress. I also have a tan waist belt to go with the outfit, too.

I'm thinking of a messy, high bun to complement the outfit, but not sure if I should have some sort of hair accessory?

Also, how heavy should I go on the make up, and what colours would you recommend? Should I emphasise the eyes or lips?

I got my DS's christening horribly wrong, outfit wise, and just looked like a sack of spuds, so I'm hoping to rectify this time!

The dress is lovely on, especially with the belt.

My hair is dark brown, almost black, I am very fair skinned, and have green eyes, if that helps. I like to make an effort with make up as I don't have the chance day to day - no point when it's just me and DC!

BuntyCollocks Wed 01-May-13 20:59:01

Oh, and potentially a cover up to wear atop the dress in case of Baltic conditions, too, please!

mrspaddy Wed 01-May-13 21:04:40

Oh I think the dress is really beautiful. Feminine and pretty. Would you team this with a navy blazer for the church or a cream one? I think the messy bun look would be fab. I wouldn't go crazy with something in hair but a little cream flower or something subtle.

I like the shape of this one www.asos.com/ASOS-Petite/ASOS-PETITE-Blazer-In-Ponte-With-Notch-Lapel/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2908357&SearchQuery=blazer&Rf900=1632&Rf-700=1000&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Nude

Gorgeous dress. It would be lovely with a white linen mix blazer (if you can wear white; I can't) and wooden bangles. Nothing in the hair. I'd go for your best neutral on eyes, and China doll cheeks and rosebud lips if that makes sense?

BuntyCollocks Thu 02-May-13 18:08:35

Loving the ideas! Make up sounds perfect - may need to treat myself to a new lippie ;)

Why are these blazers so bl

BuntyCollocks Thu 02-May-13 18:08:52

Posted too soon - so bloody hard to find?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now