Talk

Advanced search

Wedding dress quandary

(12 Posts)

I've just bought what I think might be my wedding dress. I'm 5 foot 8 and a size 10 to 12. If the dress were a couple of inches longer it would be absolutely perfect. But I'm a bit worried about showing my arse on my wedding day. Is there anything I can do or wear underneath it to save myself the embarrassment? something like leggings? Or am I going to have to go back to the drawing board? It's a mini dress length on me btw

The Dress

notapoloshirtperson Thu 25-Apr-13 15:02:10

lPretty dress, I think leggings would look ridiculous.
Practice in front of the mirror how far you can bend in it. It may be more decent than you think.
You may be able to buy a lace petticoat for underneath but only for an extra inch I would think.

That was my thinking on leggings. I was blindly hoping i was wrong!

Would it be ok to wear Skin colour tights to even out the skin tone on my thighs?

Do you know a good dressmaker? They might be able to add a band to the bottom? Maybe in like a silk in the same colour?

<channels Great British Sewing Bee>

CMOTDibbler Thu 25-Apr-13 15:17:48

Did you get it in tall? That would put a couple of inches extra on the length.

You could wear opaque nude dance tights with it for coverage

CMOT they didn't have tall as an option in store, you're brilliant! I've ordered the tall one online, hopefully this will add the all important couple of inches smile

If not, I'll tune in to the sewing bee, thanks ICan

CMOTDibbler Thu 25-Apr-13 16:38:39

They never have tall in store. Tis a miracle of Next online only!

And learn to bunny dip - its the secret of wearing short dresses without arse exposure

Bunny dip?

I tested the one I have and it revealed full arse show if bent double grin

FattyMcChubster Thu 25-Apr-13 17:06:43

It is very pretty. If its too short is there anyway you could have a band put in atthe waist? So split dress in half and insert some material like a waistband?
Or is that daft?!

Fatty that's an idea. Always a possibility. I can always hold on to the one I have and use it for fabric if need be.

amazingface Thu 25-Apr-13 20:40:30

I don't think you should go chopping up the dress and adding bits and pieces to it confused. It's really pretty and simple - well done you for spotting it - and I think any alterations would spoil it a little. Hopefully the tall option will work out for you, but if you're still worried, I would definitely go for a lacy slip underneath to add just a fraction of length.

Anyway, just don't bend over. Assign a minion bridesmaid to pick up anything you drop grin

I like your thinking, amazing! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now