Talk

Advanced search

I want a special piece of Jewellery upto £1500

(16 Posts)
thekingfisher Thu 25-Apr-13 14:47:09

I am looking for a contemporary designer piece of jewellery or something like bracelet and earrings.

I don't want anything antique so would like something that will become an antique eventually ( doesnt everything?) so ideally needs to be a good name.

I have a big birthday coming up and this is to be a gift from someone to me.

I love silver as opposed to Gold and nothing tooo blingy - I have some diamond stud earrings and have a lovely watch from my last significant b'day...

Any thoughts - brand names ???

JennySense Thu 25-Apr-13 14:59:51

oooh - how fab - there was a name mentioned on here - bespoke jewellery - will see where I bookmarked it smile

thekingfisher Thu 25-Apr-13 15:00:37

thanks that would be great - there seems so much choice and really want something memorable!

ZaraW Thu 25-Apr-13 15:25:54

If you want something with a stone I would buy that separately as it can work out so much cheaper and get a jeweller make you something. I got the stone from my engagement ring from ajs gems and copied a design online. It saved us a lot of money. You can get some lovely stones for less than a few hundred pounds. I quite like Pippa Small but she's too expensive for me.

ExRatty Thu 25-Apr-13 15:29:01

I think silver will keep value and continue to rise
Jensen always a great bet

ZaraW Thu 25-Apr-13 16:05:02

I love Alex Monroe and Dinny Hall.

Hopefully Thu 25-Apr-13 16:17:42

I love Sophie Harley - she made the Algerian love knot for the bond films. I have a couple of pieces, and she made my engagement and wedding rings. She is fab.

QueenCadbury Thu 25-Apr-13 16:34:27

Tiffanys?

santamarianovella Thu 25-Apr-13 16:57:35

Boodles?
I like their blossom design: www.boodles.com/collections/blossom.html

Cartier love collection is still going strong and you can find earrings or a bracelet for less than £1500.

thekingfisher Thu 25-Apr-13 17:47:38

Ooh thanks for all these fab ! Keep them coming .....

mrscumberbatch Thu 25-Apr-13 18:00:33

I'm an antique jewellery dealer and always invest in Georj jensen pieces.

If you're looking for investment pieces I would look at vintage and antiques as you'll get more for your money that way currently.

(New stock has been bought in at current metal prices and so is more expensive, whereas 'old' metals are traded at scrap price so threshold is far lower.)

Remember that antiques dont have to LOOK old....

For example- these all look hyper-modern to me....

Jensen 1960s

Bengel 1930s

Braendel 1930s

So yes, I'm TOTALLY biased as this is my trade but rather than potentially spending a lot of money on a designer who won't be remembered that is current, I'd be looking to invest in something with a proven market. (It's worked for me wink)

thekingfisher Fri 26-Apr-13 07:45:50

Thanks mrscumberpatch I,ll look at all those I may pick your brain a bit more grin

mrscumberbatch Fri 26-Apr-13 12:08:39

Go for it. If you see anything you like and you're not sure cost wise whether it's a good price or not then send me a message on here and I'll give you my tuppence worth grin

valiumredhead Fri 26-Apr-13 13:46:41

Jeremy Herber is fantastic and does bespoke pieces. I love his jewellery.

thekingfisher Tue 14-May-13 18:38:44

Thanks for all these -we have ended up going for a japanese pearl contemporary choker with 12 strings of Japanese pearls.

Its about 20 years old/American and from our local antique shop. Fell in love with it when I saw it - really simple but striking its going to be adjusted to fit me.

Thanks for all your help!

bella65 Tue 14-May-13 19:38:28

www.whitfordjewellery.co.uk/pods_bracelet.htm

If you are anywhere near the SW then Whitford and Jones do some lovely unique pieces and will also make up something for you from your old jewellery melted down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now