Talk

Advanced search

Bronzer recommendations please...

(17 Posts)
badtasteyoni Thu 25-Apr-13 14:33:53

I have a Lancaster Bronzer compact which I happily used all last summer - it was very shimmery but (I thought) not too much. Until I was looking at some photos from last summer and I realised I looked like a shiney mad person blush.

So I've just bought Benefit Hula (sp?) matte bronzer - and it is awful. Whatever I do with it, it either doesn't notice or makes me look like I've had a fight with an oxo cube.

Is there a good inbetween semi-matte version of a bronzer out there?

WallyBantersYoniBox Thu 25-Apr-13 15:14:55

I use a MAC bronzer which doesn't come out all sparkly.

I assume it does give me a good "glow" as when I don't wear it to work people ask me if I'm ill. hmm

Allthingspretty Thu 25-Apr-13 16:10:15

Nars laguna

Crutchlow35 Thu 25-Apr-13 16:14:01

Nars apparently.

emsyj Thu 25-Apr-13 18:23:31

I was told by a makeup artist that they all use this Chanel one. I don't use bronzer personally, but this was a successful film/TV makeup artist so good recommendation I guess!

ygritte Fri 26-Apr-13 20:22:25

I have that Chanel one.... it's good for whole face as you can add more or use just a tiny bit for a colour wash. Not shiney and not orange.

I actually prefer Benefit Dallas or Body Shop baked to last bronzer with the baked to last blush on top (pink bit). A bit shiny.

monkeysmama Fri 26-Apr-13 20:25:58

I use Nars Laguna when I haven't been in the sun and Hoola when I have. I've realised Hoola is a proper fake tan for the face. You have to go for it and put it all over like a translucent powder and build it up. Now I have a tan it looks good.

kiwigirl42 Sat 27-Apr-13 07:45:39

alot of the youtube beauty guru's rave about NYC sunny bronzer I got some on ebay I think - its cheap, matt and its not orange and I like it on my very fair skin.

twomagpies Sat 27-Apr-13 08:11:22

I have a great kevyn aucoin one from space nk.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 27-Apr-13 15:47:30

I have one bronzer powder (not really a bronzer person TBH)

Laura Geller- (Blush & Brighten in Honey Dipped)
Has a tiny bit of sparkle in it (but not so much that I look like I've escaped from a 6 yo Girls Fairy 'n' Glitter Party) and enough to lift me out of the Dip Me in Dog Dirt look.

But I live in Essex- a bit of sparkle is Compulsary if you live in the hallowed grounds of Essex. wink

JugglingChaotically Sat 27-Apr-13 16:08:22

I have that Chanel one from lady year but never really mastered it. Looked fab when person in shop did it. Can someone help?

mrspaddy Sat 27-Apr-13 16:09:49

I love the St. Tropez bronzer (compact) third time buying it now.. really matt.. lovely colour. Lasts ages.

therumoursaretrue Sat 27-Apr-13 16:10:45

I like the Nars and Chanel ones that have been mentioned here.

Guerlain do a lovely bronzed too and it only has the tiniest hint of shimmer. Find it photographs really well.

LadyMountbatten Sat 27-Apr-13 16:17:21

Nars Laguna

Limoncellolovely Sat 27-Apr-13 16:54:07

Guerlain mineral one in the lightest shade not sparkly,not orange, very natural looking also unfortunately not cheap either !!!

Roobot Sat 27-Apr-13 17:34:17

I have been using this in coral for a while now. Its lovely- not super noticeable, bit of very subtle shimmer and just gives a healthy glow!

Eliza22 Sat 27-Apr-13 17:47:04

I have the Benefit Hula and find a light hand is required and a soft brush. The more "work" you put into it, the "muddier" it looks.

I have the chanel one and can not do it so, it lives in a drawer, unused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now