Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else stopped useful moisturiser? Query re make up?

(9 Posts)
MsGee Thu 25-Apr-13 13:18:10

I have had eczema on my face on and off for a couple of years, mainly round my eyelids.

Its under control now but I have found that the best thing for my poor dry, flaky and itchy eyes and forehead is to stop using any moisturiser at all. Weirdly I can wash my face (dermalogical gel stuff) and then leave it and its nice and soft and not at all flaky.

But I am not sure about putting make up / foundation on top of my skin with no moisturiser as it looks a bit odd and doesn't go on nicely. I don't wear make up that much but now I no longer look quite so hideous it might be nice sometimes.

Has anyone else stopped using moisturiser for similar reasons or had similar make up issues?

MsGee Thu 25-Apr-13 13:29:03

using moisturiser. Not useful.

This is what happens when I try to work and MN at the same time.

Madlizzy Thu 25-Apr-13 13:31:08

I only use double base as a moisturiser these days and it seems to be a good base for foundation. Any other moisturiser makes my skin flake off.

NoWayNoHow Thu 25-Apr-13 13:31:31

I can't speak from the perspective of not using moisturiser, but have you considered a primer? Something like Sudocrem is always getting rave reviews on here as a good foundation for foundation (IYKWIM!), and it sounds like it might be compatible with your skin too?

Otherwise, a lot of different companies make primers that essentially even out your sking and "prepare" it for make-up so that your foundation goes on smoothly and stays put.

lilolilmanchester Thu 25-Apr-13 13:38:22

have you tried E45? Not only is it a lovely moisturiser but I find it makes a lovely base for foundation too. I also use Barbara Daly @Tesco's foundation primer which is great.

MsGee Thu 25-Apr-13 13:43:15

I have tried diprobase and E45 but they still irritate my skin.

Might try a foundation primer or sudocreme though, thank you!

Housewife2010 Thu 25-Apr-13 17:50:39

I have dry eczema prone skin and I have been using Avene's Tolerance Extreme moisturiser for the last 6 months. It's fantastic. It only contains 7 ingredients and feels really soothing on my skin. I have barely had any eczema breakouts since using it - before I was having 1-2 a week. I have tried La Roche Posay Cicaplast too but this is the one that really works on my skin.

MsGee Thu 25-Apr-13 21:27:25

Oooh have had success with Avene hand cream so ordered some if the tolerance extreme cream. Thank you so much!

Housewife2010 Sat 27-Apr-13 20:41:43

MsGee
That's fine. I hope you like it. Let me know how you get on. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now