Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaid hair

(6 Posts)
greenandcabbagelooking Thu 25-Apr-13 11:44:16

Help! I'm being a Bridesmaid in June, and have no idea what to do with my hair.

I'm 22. I have thick, blonde hair down to bra strap. I also have a straight-across fringe. I usually wear my hair wavy or straightened. It doesn't hold curls well for some reason.

Bride doesn't mind, and I don't have to match anyone else. Dress is strapless.

Any ideas?

squoosh Thu 25-Apr-13 11:57:46

I'm a bridesmaid next week and my hair sounds a bit like yours. If there's one thing in this world I can't stand hair wise it's an 'up style'. Bleurgh. I cringe when I see people having these ridiculous unflattering things done to their hair just because it's a wedding. I'm just going to have a bit of volume at the crown and some of the hair at the sides pulled back. A kind of 60's style.

JustCallMeHerodina Thu 25-Apr-13 12:07:33

Why not just loose? It sounds as if it will look pretty. If you want to make it look more formal, you could put a pretty clasp in it?

I like squoosh's idea if you want it up, too.

amazingface Thu 25-Apr-13 12:27:09

Not all upstyles are gross and tacky. But a lot rests on the hairdresser IMO. If they're used to bashing out the same old clichéd prom-styles week in week out you might end up looking a bit lacquered and dated. HOWEVER, if you went to a good place, and came with a specific image, and were confident enough to give the hairdresser a really precise idea of what you wanted...then I'd go and get it done. Personally, I can't resist plaits/braids for wedding hair, and especially since you're just 22 (envy), something like this - the image on the right - could look really sweet.

snowgal Thu 25-Apr-13 13:24:47

Was chief bridesmaid at the wedding of one of my best friends when I was 25, I was horrified at the thought of a proper "up do" i.e french pleat etc as it's just not my style to be neat and put together! The bride told the hairdresser and he did the most amazing braided, knotted do which both me and bride loved - would suggest telling your hairdresser what you're like and in my experience they'll come up with something fabulous!

Enjoy!

greenandcabbagelooking Fri 26-Apr-13 08:07:04

Amazingface, those are, errr, amazing! I reall like some of them. And quite a few that I do myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now