Talk

Advanced search

I need a jacket/coat but no idea what to get.

(8 Posts)
madhousequeen Thu 25-Apr-13 11:28:45

help me find a new jacket. I am 5'10 and size10- 12. i live in (mainly black) skinnies and black ballerinas (and sometimes converse). I wear a lot of monochrone clothes.
i also dress like that for work as we have a relaxed dress code and so don't have a work wardrobe iyswim.

I have a trenchcoat but I would like to have something shorter and with a more tailored fit.

no idea what is trendy atm. help.

spottymoo Thu 25-Apr-13 12:06:06

Denim jacket?

amessagetoyouYoni Thu 25-Apr-13 12:09:04

I am in the same boat. 5'11, size 12, looking constantly for a spring jacket and not sure what style to go for.

I am erring towards just going for blazers now its slightly warmer. I have a short, lightweight parka from Primani that I bring out for skinnies-and-converse days. I dont love it, but it ticks all the boxes - light, not too hot, casual, waterproof.

I saw a lovely short, fitted, belted jacket in the shops the other day, but it was Barbour new season and ££££.

madhousequeen Thu 25-Apr-13 16:16:19

spotty, thanks but I don't really do denim.

yoni, frustrating, isn't it. and then I always
struggle to find a coat with sleeves long enough for my limbs...

mewkins Thu 25-Apr-13 18:33:21

I thought I needed a biker jacket, then realised they don't suit me as they are always too short and there is too much fabric. Instead I bought a lovely chambray fitted blazer from Gap. It was half price and I've worn it everyday for the last few weeks since it got warmer.

madhousequeen Thu 25-Apr-13 19:58:56

ohhh - I like that idea. thanks

ZaraW Fri 26-Apr-13 06:50:07

I am the same height/size as you and I recently bought the summer tweed jacket from Jigsaw. Its lovely and works really well with skinnies and flats.

PlumSykes Fri 26-Apr-13 06:55:27

I really love blazers worn like this, with skinnies/ballerinas/white tank vest. A grey or navy jersey blazer would be a good place to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now