Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

*******BLOSSOMHILL******** I bought one of those tanning mits from Body Shop today (only 1 left!) Any tips on using it???

(5 Posts)
puff Tue 16-May-06 21:58:34

Thought it sounded good when you mentioned it.

Am a self tanning virgin, so any advice gratefully received.

I've got a cream/lotion from Elemis I want to try (apparently gives v light coverage - good as I'm v pale and don't want to shock people).

If successful I hope to graduate to a Loreal bronzing gel I've bought, but not sure if gel will work with the mit.

Do you exfoliate and moisturise for a couple of days before?

puff Tue 16-May-06 23:18:22

Blossomhill Wed 17-May-06 13:56:45

Hi Puff

Well I exfoliate (don't moisturise) and then apply the spray, cream, foam or whatever i am using depending on part of the body

What I do is get the mitt and stroke from say toes to knee until I have done whole leg. Just making sure it's even. I hope that explains it. If not please ask again. Oh and I wash the mitt quite a bit as can get greasy after use.

puff Wed 17-May-06 14:19:47

I tried it last night bh and I am really pleased with the result - it all looks much more even than when I had a guinot tan (expensive) at a salon last year.

Blossomhill Wed 17-May-06 14:35:12

Wow, well done

I am just trying to work out how to put on my new spray tan as the colour is just what I want. It keeps going streaky and I am not sure if it's because I don't put enough on. Trial and error I think!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: