Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else wear shoes out really quickly?

(9 Posts)
greenteawithlemon Wed 24-Apr-13 18:19:58

Inspired by the other shoe/feet thread!

I wear out every single pair of shoes in the same way-

One hole where big toe is

One hole in middle of ball of foot

On both sides! No-one else I know seems to have this problem. It costs me a fortune in shoes.

What's wrong with me??

chanie44 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:33:19

Do you do a lot of walking? I walk about 4 miles a day, so I notice my shoes wear down quickly. I wear my trainers, or timberlands to and from work and change when I get in.

scarlet76 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:53:48

I don't drive so probably walk more than others. I wear heels down super fast and I'm only 7.5 stone lol.
I wear trainers to station and change at work to save my shoes.

stopfightingandtidyupthismess Wed 24-Apr-13 18:54:57

I wear the heels out on every shoe I own in the exact same way on both sides. It drives me crazy, and any shoes/boots that I really take a shine to and wear a lot only lasts me a couple of months before the heel is worn so far down that there is a hole in it. And why do all my shoes/boots clunk with every step I take nowadays? What is that about? I never used to clunk!

greenteawithlemon Wed 24-Apr-13 18:55:32

I do walk quite a lot! But surely shoes should be able to withstand some amount of walking?

stopfightingandtidyupthismess Wed 24-Apr-13 18:58:30

You'd think they'd be able to withstand walking a bit wouldn't you, I mean, that's the whole point isn't it? Rather than look pretty on a shoe rack!

Florin Wed 24-Apr-13 19:01:36

My husband goes through work shoes about every 2 months. Drives me crazy as costs a fortune, tried several pairs of expensive makes of shoes but it made no difference so now whenever clarks has a sale we buy up several pairs! He just wears straight through the soles.

greenteawithlemon Wed 24-Apr-13 19:25:36

Precisely stopfighting!

harbinger Wed 24-Apr-13 19:26:29

Florin My DH is the same with his work shoes. He is not on his feet all day either.

Try Samuel Windsor site for shoes. It's very good when they have sales/offers. I think they also trade as SW shoes. Worth a look. They also have an outlet,will post again if I can find them.

It's bonkers when a resole costs £30-35.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now