Talk

Advanced search

Help with conservative holiday capsule wardrobe

(2 Posts)
EuroShopperEnergyDrink Wed 24-Apr-13 18:06:06

Hello S&Bers, I hope you're all having a lovely day.

I am visiting Tunis for four nights in July, and despite the dress code for women not being terribly strict- I will be visiting lots of mosques and places of interest as opposed to lounging round my hotels pool, so this calls for a different kind of holiday wardrobe. I'm also not checking in a bag, so will be relying on a cabin sized case- so need some items that I can wear twice, accessorize for evenings, ect. instead of cramming in lots of things.

I've been told on TripAdvisor and by people I know from Tunisia that vest tops are fine, but nothing too strappy or booby- and shorts or skirts to the knee. I'm going to get some cheapy pashminas from eBay in camel and black just wear on my shoulders and around my head when in a place of worship.

I'm thinking some chinos, kaftans or boyfriend style oversized shirts, high necked maxis- if they exist? Long skirts that are demure but still fashionable? I want to stay cool, conservative but still have some holiday photos that I wouldn't mind displaying! I am 5"2 so trousers and long length skirts need to be from the petite range or available in short length.

I have £200 to spend, and I want that to include a big carry all bag with a zip and some cheap, but not Primarni quality sandals. Might even invest in some Birkenstocks or are they fashion suicide?! They look so comfy though!

Thank you so much smile x

EuroShopperEnergyDrink Wed 24-Apr-13 20:29:34

BUMP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now