Talk

Advanced search

So i bought some L'Oreal True Match foundation

(4 Posts)
Itchyandscratchy Wed 24-Apr-13 16:48:49

And it was HORRIBLE.

Admittedly I bought this with no consultation, but I wouldn't normally for 'shelf' make-up anyway; I leave the consultations to the posh counters. So I bought the shade that seemed best on the tester and that matched the kind of colour I've used before: pale but with pinky tones rather than yellow.

I put it on, over primer, this morning. And I looked VILE. It was like a mask - a particularly ghastly mask that highlighted every line, every pore, every imperfection (and there are MANY on my 44year old face).

I took it straight off and will donate to anyone who works as a) a waxwork or b) an extra in the Thriller video.

HaveAGoodDay Thu 25-Apr-13 12:13:59

Really? Gosh, thanks for that, I know to stay clear of that one! However, i use the Infallible one & it's the best foundation I've ever tried to date. I've recently tried the Estée Lauder Double Wear & it's not good for me, far too runny & I find that ages me by about 5 years, it highlights all my lines, including laughter ones so im left thinking 'dam what was so funny?'!!!

ClaudiaCutie Thu 25-Apr-13 13:05:03

HAGD - be fair to ELDW - it's great for women who want to look orange and much older than their actual age. Given the amount of units they sell, it must be a huge market :-(

Itchy - I had a similar result from the Boots Matte Fdtn, the one touted by Eldridge. Applied it about 1 micron thick and still looked like a plastic mask. Pah.

fedupofnamechanging Thu 25-Apr-13 14:57:00

Try Max Factor colour adapt, if you want something non orange but not expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now