Talk

Advanced search

Bought some new shoes and they hurt

(9 Posts)
itstheyearzero Wed 24-Apr-13 15:17:50

Shall I keep them and hope that my feet will toughen up a bit? I love them! They are OK with socks but obviously I cannot wear them outside the house with socks on. It's the bit underneath the lace up bit that is uncomfortable. I'm going to have to take them back aren't I? Sulks

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352782

OneLittleLady Wed 24-Apr-13 15:19:11

You could try rubbing vaseline on it but that would mean you can't return them. You could also try breaking them in by wearing them round the house with socks on. Depends on how much you want to keep them though

itstheyearzero Wed 24-Apr-13 15:20:47

Hmmm. I didnt know about the vaseline trick, but then as you say if theys till hurt I can't take them back. Gah it's so hard to find a pair of shoes that don't rub with ni socks!

mrsyattering Wed 24-Apr-13 15:23:12

you can buy stuff called Moleskin from the chemist tape it to the shoe or your foot apparently its great to breaki in shoes with, my Mum swears by it smile

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-Apr-13 15:52:57

You can buy leather stretch cream, places like timpsons will have it or shoe shops.

itstheyearzero Wed 24-Apr-13 16:53:49

Thanks Fluffy - not sure the stretch cream would work because its the design rather than it just beeing a bit tight IYKKWIM, there are like 4 little flaps of leather that come together, bit hard to explain. But thanks mrsyattering - that moleskin stuff sounds just the ticket!

Fillyjonk75 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:01:25

Just take them back. I bought some Clarks sandals that were supposed to be very comfortable, when I was pregnant, and they rubbed skin off my toes. I persevered for ages with plasters etc and the never got better. I put it down to having funny feet while pregnant and gave them to my mum who is the same size. She had exactly the same problem and they were never comfortable.

Katz Wed 24-Apr-13 17:03:37

I'd second moleskin, it's fab, I use it in the heels of new shoes

Minion Wed 24-Apr-13 17:10:37

Little tip I picked up from somewhere and it's only let me down the once (cheap faux-toms style, bound to rub), rub some dried soap all over the parts that chafe, all round the sole and in the toes. Repeat for a few days and it seems to help.
Old wives tale? Maybe. But it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now