Talk

Advanced search

short and big boobs, can I get away with a maxi dress

(9 Posts)
rowtunda Wed 24-Apr-13 13:19:11

I'm 5,2" and cup size E, also preggers, hate maternity clothes but everyone is telling me maxi dresses are the way forward for a summer pregnancy.

Thing is I usually hate Maxi dresses and skirts - I always think they make me look short and frumpy.

are you short and do you have similar issues or should I just give it another try.

(oh and I also hate leggings - another maternity staple, any advice appreciated on what tops will go with leggings!)

OneLittleLady Wed 24-Apr-13 13:25:14

I'm shorter and bigger boobed than you and I wear them every summer. It's just a case of finding the right style one for you rather than what everyone else is wearing.

Hedwig06 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:10:52

I haven't found one yet that looks nice on with my GG's I'm a size 14 everywhere else & 5ft 5in.

All the maxi dresses I've tried on make me look like I'm trying out for a slot on page 3.

If you find one please let me know smile

OneLittleLady Wed 24-Apr-13 14:14:56

I have found that the easiest way to deal with the maxi dress page 3 issue is to just stitch the bust area closed a little if it's mid to low cut. Sadly, most clothes seem designed for the mythical A-C cup that everyone clearly is.

Hedwig06 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:22:27

Oh that never even occured to me smile thanks OneLittle Lady

I've tried putting a vest top underneath, but it ruins the way the dress falls.

Fenton Wed 24-Apr-13 14:26:12

I wore one when I was pregnant with DS2, - DH said I reminded him of a Dalek in it.

I didn't wear it again, but I do think they're very comfortable and I would have not looked quiet so Dalek-esque if you could have seen my feet perhaps.

Hedwig06 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:31:13

Haha, yep I keep tripping up in them too, and that's only in the changing room!

But I still keep trying them on hoping I'll find "the one".

OneLittleLady Wed 24-Apr-13 14:32:40

For the last couple of years, Top Shop has had maxi dresses in their petite range. Could be worth a look to see if they have any in this year?

I reckon if you wore a fitted one or a tightish jersey one it would be OK. I'm 5'8, 34d and I feel like I look like a walking tent in the loose styles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now