Talk

Advanced search

Crap cuticles and skin round nails - help!

(8 Posts)
ChesterDrawers Wed 24-Apr-13 09:00:32

My cuticles and the skin around my nails are desperately in need of help. Are there any good products out there I should be using? I have almost £50 in Boots points which I save up to treat myself every now and then so not bothered if there is some miracle cure that's a bit pricey, I just want pretty fingers!

Barbie1 Wed 24-Apr-13 09:01:31

Almond oil, best thing ever. Twice day. Am and pm.

Nerfmother Wed 24-Apr-13 09:02:31

Just Came on today almond oil grin

Nerfmother Wed 24-Apr-13 09:03:32

To say. My menstrual cycle is of no relevance

Barbie1 Wed 24-Apr-13 09:04:11

Sally Henson do a cuticle pen which is almond oil based. Convient to carry in your bag and it has a cuticle pusher at the other end.

Do your local boots store do manicures? I'm sure some do.

As a beauty therapist I would highly recommend a manicure to tidy up your nails and then you can just keep on top of them.

ClaudiaCutie Wed 24-Apr-13 09:11:01

Unconventional but v effective: At night, get an ordinary cheap lip balm stick (like the £1 nivea type ones from Boots) and run the edge of the stick heavily over the cuticles. I mean really pack it thickly into your cuticles, 1mm to 2mm deep, not a light smear. I do this right before going to sleep. Just keep it on the cuticle area and it won't make the bed linene icky. When you wake up, marvel at the improvement in your cuticles. Do this at least three times a week. or nightly if you have the discipline. Super cheap, super effective, quick and easy. Doesn't help you spend the £50, mind you.

ChesterDrawers Wed 24-Apr-13 09:48:37

grin nerfmother

Right almond oil and cheapy Chapstick it is. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure I can find something to blow the rest of my points on.

Would live a proper manicure but working full time and having a two year old means there's not a lot of time for such things. My nails are actually in quite good nick, it's just the surrounding area that's suddenly looking terrible.

Thanks for the advice guys smile

JemimaPuddle Wed 24-Apr-13 10:02:59

I have used nearly every nail & cuticle oil on my very very dry cuticles to no real avail.
I bought flexitol nail & cuticle cream & saw an improvement immediately, it is amazing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now