Talk

Advanced search

Smart office wear- are dresses still the thing?

(4 Posts)
IceNoSlice Wed 24-Apr-13 07:05:15

I have a meeting with my boss on Monday to discuss my return to work post mat leave. What with pregnancy and mat leave I haven't bought normal office clothes since mid 2011. And I am now two dress sizes smaller than pre-preg so nothing I used to wear to work fits! Eek!

It is a corporate environment (think lawyer, bank, accountant) with predominantly men in suits and ties. Before I left, women were wearing dresses. Is this still the case or are we back on trouser suits?

Also can anyone suggest any nice work wear please? I'm 5'10 and size 12. Thank you

Rebecca54 Wed 24-Apr-13 08:18:13

I work in a similar environment. Nothing is set in stone but generally we wear black or navy trousers and matching jackets (trouser suits or co-ordinates) in autumn/winter/spring and when the weather is warmer - skirts or skirt suits or dresses.

It is really down to individual choice so I would suggest a nice mix of office style trousers, jackets and a few skirts should see you through to the summer

IceNoSlice Wed 24-Apr-13 19:42:35

Thank you

suebfg Wed 24-Apr-13 20:34:37

M&S have some very nice slim line trousers with little zips at the front. I was very impressed by the cut and quality and for less than £30. I've paid £100 for trousers that good in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now