Talk

Advanced search

skinny or slim jeans with converse

(13 Posts)
applegate Tue 23-Apr-13 22:00:09

Now I have got rid of all of my trusty bootcuts what do you wear with trainers. I love balerinas, flip flops etc with skinnies but converse with them make my size 5 feet look clown like! what do you all think me slim fit jeans or are they a definite fashion no no?!

rubyhaha Tue 23-Apr-13 22:01:29

I wear skinnies with them. you get used to how your feet look.

applegate Tue 23-Apr-13 22:05:52

thanks I am too used to seeing my skinny jeans with boots, its been a long winter!
Thought my feet looked overly long but I tried some slim fit jeans and looked a bit old to be honest!

chicaguapa Tue 23-Apr-13 22:06:03

This is why I don't wear Converse as they make my feet look big too (size 6). Sorry that doesn't help but I'm empathising. grin

OneLittleLady Tue 23-Apr-13 22:08:00

I wear size 5 converse as well and I don't think they look big with skinny jeans. Everything, feet, stomach etc all look bigger when you're looking down on them rather than directly at them IYSWIM.

fruitstick Tue 23-Apr-13 22:11:39

My feet are a size 8 and I wear converse with skinny jeans.

I'm used to being enormous though.

However I can never bring myself to wear ballet pumps with skirts as I think they make my feet & ankles look massive.

Get very flustered about summer footwear grin

applegate Tue 23-Apr-13 22:28:39

I know winter footwear seems so simple boots and more boots. Well I was so disturbed by my feet I ordered some slim fit jeans but I think they will be heading straight back... back to skinnies- which I love! I guess I will just get used to the look of my long looking feet smile

LadyMountbatten Tue 23-Apr-13 23:00:32

Clown

Feet

Prozacbear Tue 23-Apr-13 23:28:22

I'm a size 7 and will only wear converse if I'm doing sport. And I never do sport. They make me look like Krusty the Klown. And given I'm 5'10", I am not out of proportion.

Have you thought of plimsolls? I wear them without laces in the summer (you can but them like that) and for some reason the lack of a high back seems to cut down on the amount of foot you display to the cosmos. New Look have decent pairs to try out for a snip, as do River Island if you like shimmer.

LadyMountbatten Wed 24-Apr-13 06:22:51

I keep seeing people in converse high tops and skinnies

Clown convention.

Plus those white ones when all won look shocking

fruitstick Wed 24-Apr-13 09:51:34

You see - this is why I don't normally hang out on the style & beauty threads.

I have big feet, a fat arse and wobbly upper arms. However I really like converse, and skinny jeans and, in the summer, sometimes wear short sleeves.

Will crawl back into the under stairs cupboard where I belong grin

freddiefrog Wed 24-Apr-13 09:55:34

I wear Converse with both skinny and straight

I turn my skinnies up a little bit, I think a little gap makes my feet look less clown-ish

Limoncellolovely Wed 24-Apr-13 10:35:35

Hi I'm a size 6 and wear converse with skinnys, dont think they make feet look big but I did at first, just think you need to get used to seeing yourself in them.Think it is the white toe coupled with the downward view that makes you think that your feet look big. I agree with freddiefrog rolling jeans up and exposing a little ankle seems to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now