Talk

Advanced search

Weird allergy after waxing

(6 Posts)
middleagedspread Tue 23-Apr-13 17:33:42

I had my legs waxed 3 days ago. Same person & same wax as usual. it was all fine until the middle of last night when I got hideous itching, but only on some parts of my legs & none on my bikini line.
I took a Piriton & rubbed in some anti histamine but its still itchy now.
I haven't used any scented products since the waxing, nor had a hot bath. It seems odd to get an allergic reaction 3 days later. Any advice would be welcome.

OneLittleLady Tue 23-Apr-13 17:43:54

Have you got any aloe or aloe based products? They seem to help the most when I get allergy rashes. Either those or aqueous cream even though it doesn't smell or feel very pleasant. Have you checked with your waxer that none of the wax ingredients have changed?

middleagedspread Tue 23-Apr-13 17:48:28

Thanks. No I haven't, but I'm going to the supermarket tonight, any particular one to look for ?

OneLittleLady Tue 23-Apr-13 17:50:24

Pretty much anything with aloe in will work, the higher the aloe content the better. If you can't find anything, just get bog standard aqueous cream, it isn't the nicest smelling stuff but it will help. Pharmacy, if the supermarket has one is the best place to find it, or the baby section.

middleagedspread Tue 23-Apr-13 17:53:14

That's great thanks, I'll go Aloe searching. No pharmacy but I expect the baby section will have aqueous.

valiumredhead Tue 23-Apr-13 18:52:37

Take some Piriton, that should help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now