Talk

Advanced search

best under eye concealer

(19 Posts)
howiwonder Tue 23-Apr-13 15:05:18

i have serious dark circles under my eyes, always have had since childhood - but probably particulaly bad at the mo due to 6 month old nocturnal DS. have tried a few concealers but never seem to get long lasting results - used to use good old touche eclait but it really wasnt enough.

between my dark eyes and my pale skin i think im starting to look a it ill - whats a great concealer for this serious case??!!

Sh1ney Tue 23-Apr-13 15:10:57

Try benefit ' erase paste '

iloveweetos Tue 23-Apr-13 15:13:50

im using Boing fron Benefit for my circles, but its all about going in and testing it on your skin, and seeing how it looks in daylight

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer is quite good aswel! so deffo try that first rather than more expensive ones.

Have u tried correctors? You look at the colour wheel and see what colour to neutralise the darkness (going to google)
voices.yahoo.com/how-remember-yellow-purple-blue-green-6377592.html this gives you a rough idea...
Hope this helps (im not a makeup artist or anything lol)

MarianForrester Tue 23-Apr-13 15:52:36

By Terry. Tried it after seeing it on here, and by god it is amazing. A friend bought it after seeing me without dark shadows for first time smile

It is expensive, but lasts for ages.

squoosh Tue 23-Apr-13 15:54:09

I was a bit underwhelmed by the By Terry, it's good, just not as good as I anticipated. I haven't tried it yet but there are a lot of good reviews for the new Nars Radiant Concealer.

doubleshotespresso Tue 23-Apr-13 16:11:16

Having used touche éclat for years, I've been converted recently to the garnier caffeine roller ball under eye concealer. I'm really really really pale and the very fair colour works great and lasts a long day... Also much cheaper!
I also tried Terry but was disappointed.

howiwonder Tue 23-Apr-13 16:15:18

brilliant - thanks everyone!

yes think i need a trip into debenhams or john lewis to have a play at the beauty counters. i do like benefit stuff though so will definitely check those out.

might experiment with collection 2000 in the meantime too, that takes me back!!

is by terry a space nk purchase? havent seen it anywhere - they do nars too i think so maybe i will have to head there too...

OneLittleLady Tue 23-Apr-13 16:17:07

I use a combination of Boing and Erase paste by Benefit on my dark circles. Good coverage without looking caked on.

MacaYoniAndCheese Tue 23-Apr-13 16:17:56

Seconding Erase Paste. I'm a recent convert; it's the best one I've found. It's very creamy, doesn't settle into lines and has an undertone that counteracts the purple/blue.

squoosh Tue 23-Apr-13 16:18:24

Collection 2000's concealer is excellent.

howiwonder Tue 23-Apr-13 16:18:57

actually my birthdays coming up so JL vouchers would be a good present hint actually...

howiwonder Tue 23-Apr-13 16:20:13

yes its definitely purple/blue that is my problem. look like i have 2 black eyes sometimes, nice!

madamecake Tue 23-Apr-13 16:36:29

I love the collection 2000 concealer too, I have a 16 month toddler who won't sleep and it covers my black eyes brilliantly!

bollockstoit Tue 23-Apr-13 16:37:52

The Aldi one is good, believe it or not!

Iggity Tue 23-Apr-13 16:43:06

Bobbi Brown. You can buy it with or without powder to set it.

The MUA palette - that you can mix is good. Certainly as good as Erase Paste and Boing

corlan Tue 23-Apr-13 16:43:49

By Terry is space NK. I got it after seeing it recommended in the 50 best beauty buys in The Guardian and I think it's the best I've tried.

smugmumofboys Tue 23-Apr-13 17:00:57

I'm a fan of the Chanel concealer. It's £££ but effective

ellajayne Tue 23-Apr-13 17:12:09

Honestly, go to Boots or Superdrug and buy Collection (2000) Lasting Perfection concealer for about £4. Thick, stays put all day without creasing and covers everything. Much better than most high end concealers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now