Talk

Advanced search

Urgent - interview tomo- how to wear a scarf with a suit?!

(8 Posts)
daisylulu Tue 23-Apr-13 13:40:34

Hello - this is my first time post in this section. I'm desperate for some help please. I have a second interview for my dream job. It's at head office (senior finance role) at a well known high end fashion retailer.

I have a navy suit I plan to wear with either a white shirt or Peter Pan collar sunflower yellow top.

I also thought it might be nice to accessorise with one of their beautiful silk scarves (I'd love to have bought one of their suits but well out of my price range). However, when I tried the scarf on with my suit I looked like cabin crew. Does anyone know how to tie a scarf?

Would really appreciate some advice (even if its to ditch the scarf). I'm in my early 30s if that helps.

Thanks so much!

Crutchlow35 Tue 23-Apr-13 13:55:20

I can't link as you tube is restricted in the office but if you go on there there is a video called 50 ways to tie a scarf or similar wording. Have a look. You will never struggle again!

daisylulu Tue 23-Apr-13 14:17:31

Thank you will take a look now

Crutchlow35 Tue 23-Apr-13 19:04:25

Did you find it?

Freddiemisagreatshag Tue 23-Apr-13 20:20:12

here

daisylulu Wed 24-Apr-13 06:52:42

Thank you - yes I did find it. It is a great clip . Thank you so much.

Having given it much thought I've actually decided to not wear it though hmm my high neck white ruffled shirt looks smartest and the scarf makes it look too much. I will however be implementing some of the scarf wearing ways on other occasions so thank you!

Crutchlow35 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:01:56

good luck with your interview

polyhymnia Wed 24-Apr-13 10:08:58

Good luck! I think you are very wise - an important interview is definitely not the time to try out a look you haven't worn successfully before. The last thing you want is to be worrying about your clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now