Talk

Advanced search

How do you walk in ballet pumps?

(53 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Tue 23-Apr-13 07:52:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheChocolateTeapot Tue 23-Apr-13 07:56:19

Watching with interest - I end up with clawed toes and aching ankles just trying to keep the buggers on!!

hedgefund Tue 23-Apr-13 07:57:22

get some that fit? <helpful>

Freddiemisagreatshag Tue 23-Apr-13 07:57:33

Another one joining the queue. I bought a pair at the Weekend and I either have sore legs or I have to slipe my feet

MrsWolowitz Tue 23-Apr-13 07:58:15

OnTheNingNangNong Tue 23-Apr-13 08:00:04

get ones with a bar across the foot, it'll help them stay on and reduce the pain

LifeofPo Tue 23-Apr-13 08:00:15

MrsSnow Tue 23-Apr-13 08:01:39

I have a physio friend who says since ballet flats came into fashion she has had a huge spike in the numbers of women being referred for foot damage as the shoes are so flat. I don't anyone is missing out - not really an appropriate style and beauty comment!

MrsSnow Tue 23-Apr-13 08:02:32

I don't think anyone is missing out.

MrsWolowitz Tue 23-Apr-13 08:02:49

hedgefund Tue 23-Apr-13 08:03:41

well they aren't designed to wear all the time every day, you change shoes about don't you?

i wore ballet flats throughout the 80s, my feet aren't knackered

CuttedUpPear Tue 23-Apr-13 08:08:16

My osteopath advises against wearing them for daily use. They can damage your posture and back.
If you look at the gait and posture of people wearing ballet flats you will see that they make you very flat footed and the spine takes a lot of impact.

I bought my DD supportive insoles to wear with hers, the kind that lift up your arches.

mummybare Tue 23-Apr-13 08:09:35

Maybe you are between sizes, OP? I think Clark's and Bloch do half sizes.

Tweet2tweet Tue 23-Apr-13 08:12:31

These are the only ballet flats I have found that look good and don't hurt feet. They have a tiny heel which helps

BerryBlast Tue 23-Apr-13 09:20:23

I liked the look of the wedge ballet shoes on the Boden website blush because for me a slight heel/wedge is better than flat, but they have suede heels which are just not practical for everyday wear sad.
So I'm going to keep looking for some ballet shoes with a slight wedge or heel - will post if I find some nice ones

porpentine Tue 23-Apr-13 09:28:30

I have this exact problem, thought it was just me. I have found these ([http://www.shoon.com/brands/arche#items-/brands/arche/+shoes-ballerinas/]) to be brilliant, although expensive - really well made (in France) and comfortable, and (I believe) designed to be properly supportive of your feet.

(Apologies for the link, I know it's annoying, I have tried about five times to make it work using every possible permutation of the instructions)

TheChocolateTeapot Tue 23-Apr-13 09:36:05

Nearly there porpentine - should be double straight brackets confused like this ............

TheChocolateTeapot Tue 23-Apr-13 09:36:49

..... They didn't show in the message [[ these

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 23-Apr-13 09:39:47

I have the same problem OP. I really want to know how people keep them on!

I wore ballet pumps constantly for years. I havent recently because my last pair wore through and I havent bought new ones yet.

Probably why my back is sore then? Great! Where do you buy these insole things?

porpentine Tue 23-Apr-13 09:41:16

Thanks Teapot!

SPsYoniTheOneAndOnly Tue 23-Apr-13 09:44:07

I wear flat canvas shoes and find them really comfy. Only issue is i can feel every stone and bump on the ground

Bumbez Tue 23-Apr-13 09:47:12

Op I am very excited because I actually found some comfy pumps. I have plantar faschiitis and need something with support.

This summer I will be sporting red fitflop pumps smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 23-Apr-13 09:48:23

With great difficulty, but it doesn't matter as long as you match all of the other sheep. grin

Bumbez Tue 23-Apr-13 09:52:36

www.fitflop.co.uk/Womens-Due-Leather-Rouge/883945313394,en_GB,pd.html?start=4&cgid=Due

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now