Talk

Advanced search

Style help needed! Clueless..

(5 Posts)
chaosagain Mon 22-Apr-13 19:48:44

I'm going out this week to a scarily en vogue restaurant. I have NO idea what to wear. Help! It's a central London, Michelin starred place where it apparently takes months to get a table. Going with friends. Have no idea how dressy or not to go or what to wear and no chance (or funds!) to shop before then.

I've never been anywhere like this before and feel clueless! Thanks.

sirtoffeedoris Mon 22-Apr-13 21:31:32

prob shit suggestion: You could look on flickr or trip advisor for candid pictures of other diners at the restaurant and see how glam or otherwise they seem to be?

Enjoy!

QueenCadbury Mon 22-Apr-13 21:48:45

No idea but maybe change the title to engage the London crowd as they're likely to know what to wear to somewhere like that.

emsyj Mon 22-Apr-13 22:05:18

Name the restaurant - I've been to a couple of Michelin starred places but they are all very different. The trendiest was L'Atelier, which is super cool but, well, a bit pants really (sorry if that's where you're going) - I wore a silk sort of flapper style beaded dress from Reiss and low heeled silver mary janes. I have no idea what other diners were wearing as it's pitch dak in there. <unhelpful>

chaosagain Mon 22-Apr-13 23:35:02

Thanks for thoughts. Dabbous is the restaurant. I'll have a look at Flkr and trip advisor ( and see if I can convince DH to dress up too if appropriate)...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now