Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear over a maxi dress?

(14 Posts)
paintyourbox Mon 22-Apr-13 18:35:48

I am determined that this summer I will look gorgeous in floaty maxi dresses however I need something to go over the top for days when it's not really hot.

What do you wear over a maxi dress? I did see a cropped denim jacket which looked quite nice but have been having flashbacks of the dodgy denim jacket I wore as a teenager...

Marylou2 Mon 22-Apr-13 18:58:37

Leather biker, denim jacket( loads of great ones everywhere at the moment). Cashmere cropped cardi?

Biker jackets when cooler; denim jackets when less cool; denim shirt worn open when warmer; little cotton cropped cardigan when warm warm; if it's hot, I tend to go for a maxi or knee length skirt and a cami, rather than a maxi dress, as I find that the dresses need something over them for a bit of balance itms.

spottymoo Mon 22-Apr-13 19:55:23

I wear a denim jacket or a little cardy depending on the weather

Corygal Mon 22-Apr-13 20:22:19

A massive linen-y wrap/scarf does the trick in hot weather, too.

bishboschone Mon 22-Apr-13 20:26:04

Cropped denim jacket here . I think Cardis can look a bit frumpy .

TravelinColour Mon 22-Apr-13 20:26:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kingbeat23 Mon 22-Apr-13 21:29:25

Oooh could I get away with a bright jersey maxi black biker jkt and tan biker boots or would I look like I've been dressed in the dark?

TravelinColour Mon 22-Apr-13 21:30:27

EleanorFarjeon Mon 22-Apr-13 21:31:58

I wear a denim jacket over strapless maxis, also shorty cardigans.

paintyourbox Mon 22-Apr-13 21:37:32

Right you have convinced me- denim jacket it is!

Luckily, the C&A one which I wore during my teenage years is long gone so I will have to buy something new instead.

Thinking a cropped style and maybe a light shade so it looks more summery?!

Elizabeth22 Mon 22-Apr-13 21:42:21

spottymoo Mon 22-Apr-13 22:17:32

I got a new one Sunday from George that us cropped £18 Matalan had them as we'll grin

StuntGirl Mon 22-Apr-13 23:46:43

I wear a cropped denim jacket with mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now