Talk

Advanced search

Thinking about changing from ELDW to Clarins

(6 Posts)
Lozislovely Mon 22-Apr-13 18:08:24

I've used ELDW for about a year but think I am looking decidedly orange.

Have read a bit about the good coverage of Ever Lasting and their Matte foundation but hoping the lovely S&B ladies could tell me whether its all hype???

Need a good coverage, have oily forehead and chin, dry cheeks in Winter, hormonal breakouts on chin.

Done mineral foundation in the past but just don't get the coverage I need.

Thanks smile

QuinnFabray Mon 22-Apr-13 18:25:01

The Everlasting is very good, and has good oil control. I can't stand the strong scent of it though, it's the most pongy foundation I've ever tried, and that put me off.

Lozislovely Mon 22-Apr-13 18:35:05

Thanks Quinn - does the pong linger even after the foundation has 'set'???

QuinnFabray Mon 22-Apr-13 20:51:17

I think it does, but it's probably just me. For some reason I really objected to that particular smell. Sort of a strong melon/floral scent. I'm usually okay with perfumed products. Have a whiff of it in store before you buy. It's actually a great foundation.

Another good one is Dior Forever.

ClaudiaCutie Tue 23-Apr-13 12:11:27

ELDW is not only orange, but harsh and unflattering. Clarins shades are lovely and flattering. The SA are really good about giving samples - definitely ask for samples and trial them carefully. I tested the Everlasting and it almost fell off my face, it transferred that easily. Disappointing! I love the smell and found it faded quickly.

If you don't have any luck with the Clarins there are lots of good long wear fdns around now that are much nicer & more flattering than ELDW - Bobbi Brown Long Wear (very good shade range) or the YSL Teint Resist (smaller shade range).

Lozislovely Tue 23-Apr-13 15:27:41

Ok so I have a sample of everlasting in Beige (appeared well matched when lady applied it). SA reckons everlasting will give better coverage than Ever Matte.

Even got a couple of free samples and a free mini facial next month wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now