Talk

Advanced search

best lipsticks that dont cost a fortune..

(21 Posts)
twomagpies Mon 22-Apr-13 17:56:03

Looking for a matte wine red colour but its only for an occasional night out so don't want to spend lots.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Mon 22-Apr-13 18:04:33

The Dainty Doll lipsticks are good and cost about £12 from Boots, that might be more than you want to spend for a one off though.

Soap and Glory - really like these and they are often on offer. I think they are £9 full price.

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:21

Try eyes lips face www.elf.co.uk
They have lots of lip sticks, stains, glosses, liners and stubbies for about 1.50 each

JetSetWilly Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:32

Loads of posters were racing about that revlon lip butter lipsticks recently about £7 I think. Fav colour was apple candy something like that?

JetSetWilly Mon 22-Apr-13 18:08:09

*raving

Fairylea Mon 22-Apr-13 18:08:40

Rimmel is good. Esp the Kate moss range ones, people often suggest substituting ruby woo from mac with 101 I think it is from there.. I have both and actually prefer the rimmel one as its not as drying!

Rich moisture range from no 7 are excellent too.. matte and non drying at the same time.

auldspinster Mon 22-Apr-13 18:14:17

Revlon superlustrous lipsticks are your friend, only about £7. Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks are also great and around the same price.

twomagpies Mon 22-Apr-13 18:21:03

Thankyou so much. I usually go very sheer but with deeper colours for u ladies use lip pencils or can i just do lipstick alone.

coffeeinbed Mon 22-Apr-13 18:26:22

Revlon Butter Pink Truffle.
L'Oreal Caresse - just like Dior Addict

coffeeinbed Mon 22-Apr-13 18:27:27

Oh, sorry, those are sheer.
Max Factor and Bourjois have great deep reds.

PlumSykes Mon 22-Apr-13 18:32:25

Topshop lipsticks are amazing.

MooMinCow Mon 22-Apr-13 18:56:08

I really rate Revlon lipsticks. Their Super Lustrous range are amazing, pigmented yet moisturising (though I only like the 'creme' finish ones). They also do a matte range too.

Barry M do some great matte colours too. I have also been impressed with the Bourjois 'Rouge Edition' range' (great colour in a single swipe).

Personally I don't rate the Maybelline color sensational lippies. They go on too sheer and patchy on me.

auldspinster Mon 22-Apr-13 19:48:07

The color sensational reds are the only ones I use, they have good pigmentation, dunno about the other colours. Elizabeth Arden lippies are good and can be got via online discounters for less than a tenner.

starjules Mon 22-Apr-13 20:11:12

I was looking at MAC Ruby woo, which is a really matt red colour and ended up with collection (200?) one which is even better and £2.99 compaired to £14! They do a darker red one which I nearly got, but ended up with Cherry pop and Valentine. Absolute bargain and found I dont need a lip pencil with them as they dont bleed. You might need to remove them with make up remover as they stayed on most of the day!

Misssss Mon 22-Apr-13 21:14:04

Rimmel Kate Moss ones are great for the bargain price. or If you want super cheap, try the Superdrug MUA Number 1 shade. Gorgeous red, suits everyone and only £1. I'm going back for more.

Misssss Mon 22-Apr-13 21:15:58

reviews for the MUA lippy here

I bought the MUA one after a rec on here. I hate it.

cocobongo Mon 22-Apr-13 21:55:40

I got the rimmel kate moss 101 lipstick and really like it. Nice colour, rich pigment and decent staying power. Not too drying too.

cocobongo Mon 22-Apr-13 21:56:56

Oh, and boots are doing a rimmel offer- spend £10 and get a free mascara. The lipstick is £5.49, so only need to spend another £4.51 to get the mascara.

HoneyStAngelo Mon 22-Apr-13 23:14:36

NYX. Not to be confused with NYC!

www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk/

Better than MAC x100

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now