Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

best lipsticks that dont cost a fortune..

(21 Posts)
twomagpies Mon 22-Apr-13 17:56:03

Looking for a matte wine red colour but its only for an occasional night out so don't want to spend lots.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Mon 22-Apr-13 18:04:33

The Dainty Doll lipsticks are good and cost about £12 from Boots, that might be more than you want to spend for a one off though.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 22-Apr-13 18:06:24

Soap and Glory - really like these and they are often on offer. I think they are £9 full price.

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:21

Try eyes lips face www.elf.co.uk
They have lots of lip sticks, stains, glosses, liners and stubbies for about 1.50 each

JetSetWilly Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:32

Loads of posters were racing about that revlon lip butter lipsticks recently about £7 I think. Fav colour was apple candy something like that?

JetSetWilly Mon 22-Apr-13 18:08:09

*raving

Fairylea Mon 22-Apr-13 18:08:40

Rimmel is good. Esp the Kate moss range ones, people often suggest substituting ruby woo from mac with 101 I think it is from there.. I have both and actually prefer the rimmel one as its not as drying!

Rich moisture range from no 7 are excellent too.. matte and non drying at the same time.

auldspinster Mon 22-Apr-13 18:14:17

Revlon superlustrous lipsticks are your friend, only about £7. Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks are also great and around the same price.

twomagpies Mon 22-Apr-13 18:21:03

Thankyou so much. I usually go very sheer but with deeper colours for u ladies use lip pencils or can i just do lipstick alone.

coffeeinbed Mon 22-Apr-13 18:26:22

Revlon Butter Pink Truffle.
L'Oreal Caresse - just like Dior Addict

coffeeinbed Mon 22-Apr-13 18:27:27

Oh, sorry, those are sheer.
Max Factor and Bourjois have great deep reds.

PlumSykes Mon 22-Apr-13 18:32:25

Topshop lipsticks are amazing.

MooMinCow Mon 22-Apr-13 18:56:08

I really rate Revlon lipsticks. Their Super Lustrous range are amazing, pigmented yet moisturising (though I only like the 'creme' finish ones). They also do a matte range too.

Barry M do some great matte colours too. I have also been impressed with the Bourjois 'Rouge Edition' range' (great colour in a single swipe).

Personally I don't rate the Maybelline color sensational lippies. They go on too sheer and patchy on me.

auldspinster Mon 22-Apr-13 19:48:07

The color sensational reds are the only ones I use, they have good pigmentation, dunno about the other colours. Elizabeth Arden lippies are good and can be got via online discounters for less than a tenner.

starjules Mon 22-Apr-13 20:11:12

I was looking at MAC Ruby woo, which is a really matt red colour and ended up with collection (200?) one which is even better and £2.99 compaired to £14! They do a darker red one which I nearly got, but ended up with Cherry pop and Valentine. Absolute bargain and found I dont need a lip pencil with them as they dont bleed. You might need to remove them with make up remover as they stayed on most of the day!

Misssss Mon 22-Apr-13 21:14:04

Rimmel Kate Moss ones are great for the bargain price. or If you want super cheap, try the Superdrug MUA Number 1 shade. Gorgeous red, suits everyone and only £1. I'm going back for more.

Misssss Mon 22-Apr-13 21:15:58

reviews for the MUA lippy here

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 22-Apr-13 21:17:28

I bought the MUA one after a rec on here. I hate it.

cocobongo Mon 22-Apr-13 21:55:40

I got the rimmel kate moss 101 lipstick and really like it. Nice colour, rich pigment and decent staying power. Not too drying too.

cocobongo Mon 22-Apr-13 21:56:56

Oh, and boots are doing a rimmel offer- spend £10 and get a free mascara. The lipstick is £5.49, so only need to spend another £4.51 to get the mascara.

HoneyStAngelo Mon 22-Apr-13 23:14:36

NYX. Not to be confused with NYC!

www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk/

Better than MAC x100

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: