Talk

Advanced search

Question about LK Bennett shoes: Is nude the same as taupe/light taupe?

(9 Posts)
SerendipityAlways Mon 22-Apr-13 11:47:02

Drooling over the LK Benentt sledge court shoes. but I am confused about colours. Is the taupe/light taupe the same and are they essentially the nude colour? On the LK Bennett site theres a light taupe option www.lkbennett.com/shoes/courts/CCSLEDGE214PATENT whereas on the House of Fraser website, its a taupe option www.houseoffraser.co.uk/L.K.+Bennett+Sledge+platform+court+shoes/152623504,default,pd.html#BVRRWidgetID

SerendipityAlways Mon 22-Apr-13 12:52:41

Bump - anyone??

HousewifeFromHeaven Mon 22-Apr-13 12:59:08

On the house of Fraser website it states the colour of the shoes ie taupe, but then clarifies the colour after. So, hof are telling you that 'taupe' is a light taupe colour.

SerendipityAlways Mon 22-Apr-13 13:02:14

Thanks HousewifefromHeaven - I guess my next question then is, is taupe/light taupe the same as nude??

HousewifeFromHeaven Mon 22-Apr-13 13:09:16

It depends on what you consider nude. I have a pair of Rosie wedges in white, but it's an off white colour - some would say nude. However I would consider the taupe quite nudey!! Check out the white/off white for comparison. If you like I can pm you a pic of my off white ones.

polyhymnia Mon 22-Apr-13 13:12:06

I think that pale taupe like that is very much in the nude range but some nudes are even paler and some have a pinky tinge.

I don't like the pinky ones and, if I ever do buy nude (am getting a little tired of it now, but do see it goes with a lot), would definitely go for the LKB version, having seen it in RL.

SerendipityAlways Tue 23-Apr-13 10:31:42

Thanks Polyhymnia and Housewifefromheaven.. Housewife, yes please I would be grateful if you could PM me the picture of your off white shoes! Thanks so much

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 23-Apr-13 18:01:29

Sorry serendipity I have tried but I can't on this iPad!

firesideskirt Tue 23-Apr-13 18:11:47

yes, that is LKB's usual nude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now