Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I find tops that go in under the boobs? size 18?

(6 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Mon 22-Apr-13 10:51:14

It seems to be the style that suits me but I am having trouble finding them.

Any ideas?


SayMama Mon 22-Apr-13 15:59:40

You mean like empire line? To be honest you have to shop around a little. I'm a 14/16 on top because I have big boobs, and quite often struggle to find tops that are big enough on the boob part. The last thing you want is the elastic that's meant to define your waist ending up over the widest part of your chest!

I've had success in Dorothy Perkins before, and sometimes get lucky in Matalan. Pepperberry may have what you're after but a lot of their clothes can be frustratingly frumpy!

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 22-Apr-13 16:09:31

There's no chance of that. I'm also really short.

Pepperberry seem to think you go in at the waist and then stay there. I need some kind of flare to cover my bum and my sticky-outy tum caused by jeans that are too baggy on the waist though just about fit thighs.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 22-Apr-13 16:09:48

Thanks though. I'll browse anyway.

SayMama Mon 22-Apr-13 16:15:14

I bought the exact top you're describing two years ago in Dorothy Perkins. It was perfect. Really wish I'd bought more that one, mines looking really shabby now sad

lynniep Mon 22-Apr-13 16:19:59

I usually locate empire line tops in peacocks, wallis, dp, east (in the sale only!) and generally check out the concessions at the department stores. Obvously it depends on whats 'in'. Tesco have a few nice shapes at the mo too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: