Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How often do you....

(12 Posts)
ggglimpopo Tue 16-May-06 08:29:29

Message withdrawn

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 16-May-06 08:30:45

Very very rarely! I got my hair cut about 6 months ago and thats the only thing, i think over the last few years

MerlinsBeard Tue 16-May-06 08:34:27

i last had my nails done after ds1 was born (hes 3 now. my hair gets done every few months if we can afford it, i have never had a facial/body scrub/pedicure and i don't even know what tisane is!!

mustrunmore Tue 16-May-06 08:36:31

Never.Except a wax before I was due to have ds2.

sarahhal Tue 16-May-06 08:39:18

A bit like you mumofmonsters! Have had one manicure in my life for my wedding five years ago! Never had a facial or waxing! Get my hair highlighted and cut at local college by their students every couple of months for grand sum of £20!

I'm not a complete slob mind you, just have never had enough spare cash for such luxuries!

nailpolish Tue 16-May-06 08:40:41

i get hair cut every 8 weeks. colour is done every 2nd cut

do nails myself (dont have fake nails, just do my own manicures)

eyebrow wax every 2 weeks

bikini wax every 6 weeks

facials as a treat maybe 3 or 4 times a year

other things i love getting but only do as treats, when i have some birthday or christmas money usually, like pedicures or hot stone therapy or whatever

nailpolish Tue 16-May-06 08:41:17

colour every 3rd cut that should be

Bozza Tue 16-May-06 08:45:35

I have my hair done every 6 weeks - mobile hairdresser (a friend) costs £18.50 for highlights, cut & blow dry. And that's it. I would love to be able to afford beauty treatments but can't justify it.

lou33 Tue 16-May-06 09:21:35

last time i was in a hairdressers was just before christmas, i colour my own hair

nails never get long enough to do anything but keep them clean and a quick file as/when needed

i shave instead of waxing, but that is done every other day

eyebrows i pluck myself, and they get checked every time i put make up on, so daily if needed

that's about it i think

expatinscotland Tue 16-May-06 09:24:57

I do everything myself except my hair. I have it cut every 6 weeks and high/lowlighted every other appointment.

Back in my 'young professional' days I was very high maintenance, but I was also very observant and am now able to do all things beautifying - including bikini wax - myself.

It helps that I've been waxing for about 20 years and so don't have as much hair anymore.

The one thing I've never had done is a facial.

Enid Tue 16-May-06 09:27:47

hair every copule of months, colour when it needs it (really should be every time)

pedicure 2 x a year probably

eyebrow tidy every couple of months

anything else is a treat

puff Tue 16-May-06 09:33:23

Do most of it at home - manicures, pedicures, facials, massages I look on as an occasional treat

Waxing - for hols only (am a wimp)

Haircut - every 12 weeks - they do a fantastic (albeit pricey) cut that keeps its shape even when growing out

Hair colour - have been doing it at home, but will now get it done at salon as too much grey is coming through

My gym membership is my "high maintenance" thing, but that is keeping me fit and healthy and is a great stress buster, so worth the monthly fee imo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: