Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Liz Earle product users ...

(8 Posts)
mrssmooth Sun 21-Apr-13 16:21:11

Am thinking about trying out her stuff. Have been into their store and had a chat with one of the advisors in there. NONE of their skincare range has SPF in it. If you use the skincare range, do you also use a separate SPF product, and if so, which one? This is the only thing that's putting me off trying the range ...

LeoandBoosmum Sun 21-Apr-13 16:41:48

If you wear makeup, you could try mineral makeup eg Jane Iredale which is a powder you can put over moisturiser, and which has a pretty high spf (21, I think). The pressed stuff is better as the loose has a tendency to fly everywhere when applying. I used to use it with great results but my skin became more sensitive and I no longer tolerate any makeup. Mineral makeups are supposed to be best for sun protection, I believe. I didn't like Liz Earle (I know many do) and I use Jurlique moisturise replenishing day cream (no spf again though, if you don't fancy mineral makeup). With the Jurlique cream a little goes a long way. If you call the number on jurlique.co.uk they'll probably send you a sample or two smile

Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 16:46:45

She does a suncream for face and body?

suncream

mrssmooth Sun 21-Apr-13 16:49:41

Yoni, it's being discontinued as it hasn't sold well. My mil had some and it's like trying to rub in tar, it was horrid stuff which I guess is why they're discontinuing it! Leo, I do wear makeup but not tried mineral stuff, I will have a look, thank you smile

Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 16:51:37

Oh that's a shame

When we have some sunshine I tend to 'borrow' DH's manly moisturiser. It's a Boots No. 7 for men with SPF15 in. It smells good - and is a nice thick consistency.

polyhymnia Sun 21-Apr-13 18:01:09

I think L E s products have been expertly hyped but aren't actually much good - wouldn't recommend them.

Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 18:06:23

I have tried LE in the past - it's nice but, expensive for what you actually get.

If you want something natural try The Green People. I have used some of their stuff - it is pretty good - seems pricey but all lasts a long time.

This moisturiser is nice - smells a bit strange at first but is lovely on the skin.

www.greenpeople.co.uk/day-solution-spf15-50ml.aspx

Laquila Sun 21-Apr-13 19:30:11

That Green People moisturiser in on my hero products list - LOVE IT. Love Green People stuff generally actually - much prefer to Liz Earle although to be affair have only used LE make-up, not skincare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now