Talk

Advanced search

Do you think an apple shape could pull off this dress?

(7 Posts)
thebeastandbeauty Sun 21-Apr-13 10:51:32

here?

I'm a 10/12, 5 ft 6. I don't generally get on with elasticated waistbands. I really do like this dress, but not sure I want the hassle of ordering it and having to send it back.

ZaraW Sun 21-Apr-13 11:05:05

I love it, looks really comfortable. The pattern is gorgeous.

bishboschone Sun 21-Apr-13 11:08:06

Not sure if it helps but I'm hourglass and that's the style I wear. Suits my small waist .

WallyBantersYoniBox Sun 21-Apr-13 11:10:44

I'm an apple and I wouldn't wear it. The elastic wouldn't bunch up properly on me, and I would make it look like a straight dress, unless it was very loose.

If you get free shipping it's always worth trying a few things out of your comfort zone though?

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 21-Apr-13 11:13:34

I bought a similar shaped dress (I'm a 12 and apple shaped). In photos I looked bigger than my friend who is a size 18. Not a good style for apples I fear

thebeastandbeauty Sun 21-Apr-13 11:22:01

Thanks all.

That's what I thought sad

I need a dress with more structure. So annoying as I love the print and it's a bargain at that price.

Hope some hourglasses see it and buy it though!

bishboschone Sun 21-Apr-13 14:08:33

£64 for a polyester dress?? Naughty Hobbs .. No wonder no one paid £129 for it. Honestly I have dresses nicer than that from new look I bought or. £10. Op my apple heaped friend wears shift dresses as has nice legs . Not sure if that helps either .wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now