Talk

Advanced search

Dress for 3yo girl, September wedding...

(8 Posts)
Fanjounchained Sun 21-Apr-13 09:10:51

My Godmother is getting married in September and I'm trying to find a dress for DD. My cousin who has a two year old has bought this dress for her wee girl...

media.bhs.co.uk/wcsstore/BHSUK/images/catalog/6573096257_large.jpg

They are not going to be actual bridesmaids but since they're the only little girls going to the wedding she thought (my cousin) that it would be nice if they had the same dresses. I think the dress is lovely but not sure if it's a bit too.....um dunno...fancy ? DD is a bit of a tomboy and I never, ever dress her in white or ivory. She's manky before we even leave the house !

I'm not sure if I'd be better off getting her something like this ?

www.tkmaxx.com/girlswear/girls-rose-print-dress/invt/63219585&bklist=icat,4,shop,63,6363

Also, money is tight at the moment so I'm thinking I'd rather get her something that she's more likely to get another wear out of....What do you think ?

Fanjounchained Sun 21-Apr-13 09:11:54

And then of course I have the problem of not offending my cousin when I say I don't want them to have the same dress !!!!

MikeLitoris Sun 21-Apr-13 09:14:16

I prefer your dress tbh. Especially if they arent actually a part of the wedding.

Keep an eye on monsoon and debenhams sales. I've picked up a few heavily discounted dresses for dd2.

I also got a lovely deep purple lace one in the mother care sale. It's lovely and I got it for about £7 iirc

Waswondering Sun 21-Apr-13 09:15:06

The first is quite bridesmaid like ....

Have you looked at monsoon? They have some lovely occasion dresses and do brilliant sales - you might get a real bargain in July.

TwinTum Sun 21-Apr-13 09:16:54

I really don't think you should put them both in the first dress. It looks like you expected them to be bridesmaids and decided to ignore the fact they were not asked. I prefer your dress

Fanjounchained Sun 21-Apr-13 09:19:01

Will keep my eye on Debenhams and Monsoon. £30 was about my limit as we'll still have to buy shoes, an outfit for DS, OH's outfit and then of course something for me grin My cousin is co-ordinating her outfit with her daughter's - she's far more organised than me !

Fanjounchained Sun 21-Apr-13 09:21:20

twintum The bride has seen the first dress that my cousin has bought and really liked it. She actually has a friend that works in BHS and said she could get me a discount if I wanted so I don't think she's annoyed at them looking like bridesmaids.
Glad to hear my choice isn't a complete miss...

Waswondering Sun 21-Apr-13 09:23:35

There's loads of time yet, and they grow! I got dd a monsoon dress in January for a party this summer - it was down to £13. If she only wears it once, then no big deal! Then add in shoes etc ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now