Talk

Advanced search

Dove? Holiday Skin? Garnier?

(21 Posts)
HarrySnotter Sun 21-Apr-13 08:52:14

I want to buy a body lotion with a hint of colour in it but there are loads! What does everyone recommend that has a nice smell and a light colour?

CitrusyOne Sun 21-Apr-13 08:57:16

Have you used any of them before? When unused one (can't remember which, and admittedly it was about ten years ago) I found it built up in a kind of 'film' on my skin. I'm pasty pale and never bothered to use them again. I did have a spray tan for a special event- that did the same thing after a few weeks but I felt was better than the body lotions in terms of value etc.

CitrusyOne Sun 21-Apr-13 08:57:49

Oh, and I don't think any of them smell nice. They smell of dusty potatoes.

Madamecastafiore Sun 21-Apr-13 08:58:45

Get some st tropez everyday spray tan and use that instead.

StopEatingThatMud Sun 21-Apr-13 08:59:35

Marking my place, I'm yet to find one which doesn't make me smell of biscuits. And not in a good way.

FortyFacedFuckers Sun 21-Apr-13 09:02:26

I like the garnier one.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:02:58

Xen tans meant to be very good, do they do a daily tanner?

Caught11 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:31:31

I like the dove best, the secret is to use a good body scrub before you begin on elbows knees,ankles etc.

HarrySnotter Sun 21-Apr-13 10:01:12

Thanks all. I don't want a 'tan' as such just the healthy glow that they all promise. I think I used dove once before but hated the smell. Maybe I should just give up and continue with my 'so pale you look ill' look! smile

hollyisalovelyname Sun 21-Apr-13 10:02:54

They all streak on me

Nyancat Sun 21-Apr-13 11:17:54

Garnier one suits me, light if I'm just looking for a glow and dark if I want to look a bit tanned

Puddlelane Sun 21-Apr-13 11:19:35

They all smell like fake tan sad

foosty Sun 21-Apr-13 12:47:54

the L'Oreal dry spray is really really good - actually does what it says on the can...dries instantly, doesn't smell at all bad and give a lovely colour - natural, not streaky. I can never be arsed to use a daily lotion but use the spray every ouple of days if I want and it's genuinely great. Also, for some reason it's only £6 in Morrisons but about £15 in Boots.

Ujjayi Sun 21-Apr-13 13:26:04

They all smell the same IME. St Tropez Gradual Tanner is the only non-streaky one.

Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 15:14:08

I think all the daily ones have a 'smell'. I much prefer to use a home spray on tan - which last for a few days - then the smell is over and done with after the first shower.

Although I have recently tried L'Oreal and tantomicals

both of which smell okay - not so 'biscuitty'.

The second one was pretty bargainous too.

freerangeeggs Sun 21-Apr-13 17:04:27

I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter gradual tanner stuff. I like it. It does build up colour quite quickly though.

I think it smells quite nice too.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 21-Apr-13 21:36:38

Ujjai- St. Tropez daily streaked on me hmm

Chipstick10 Sun 21-Apr-13 21:40:49

They all smell, they all do that horrid build up no matter how much you scrub, and they just look a really fake yellow after a while.

Chandon Sun 21-Apr-13 21:43:49

They all end up smelling of wet digestives.

I quitt using them.

But they are all fine, and more or less the same.

I always used holidy skin, in light, so you can build it up and don't go orange.

itstheyearzero Sun 21-Apr-13 21:53:42

Try the Clarins 'delectable self tanning mousse'. Its fab. Just gives me a healthy glow and doesn't streak (apply with a mitt).

PreciousPuddleduck Sun 21-Apr-13 22:00:32

I find the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze good Boots don't sell it though Superdrug and Sainsburys do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now