Talk

Advanced search

Swim wear for a long body?

(8 Posts)
motherofvikings Fri 19-Apr-13 13:43:40

I need new swimming stuff. I have a speedo swim suit but it doesn't do anything for my boobs - just flattens and spreads them out. hmm

I'd like something with a bit of support (doesn't have to be underwired - not bothered) as we are going to centre parcs so don't want to be hoiking boobs back in!

I tried a few quickly in sainsburys blush and they were no where near long enough in the body! I'm only 5 foot 2 so not a giant! shock

Where's good to look? smile

MarianForrester Fri 19-Apr-13 14:09:57

Tankini? Easier in separate bits for long body. I am the same, and look awful in actual swimsuit.

Land's End do long body suits, but pretty frumpy, imo. Could be worth a look though.

BHS occasionally has nice swimwear, as does TK Maxx if you have time to browse.

IAmOptimusPrime Fri 19-Apr-13 14:14:23

Figleaves do nice swimwear and seperates too. I bought a nice costume with padding a while ago.

motherofvikings Fri 19-Apr-13 14:18:12

Is a tankini forgiving on a slight or worse CS/ flabby tummy overhang? I've always thought they'd gape in the worst possible place iyswim. confused
Are they worth a try?

I'm short but fairly slim size 10. Just a slightly wibbly tummy blush smile

Pandsbear Fri 19-Apr-13 14:46:55

I find if I just go up a size it helps with the length. Also good quality swimsuits are better than the cheapos. I have a Boden 50s style one and one from Toast (very similar style) at the moment and both are pretty good as they have some bust shape and aren't baggy round the middle. I looked truly dreadful in a long-body Lands' End one!

MarianForrester Fri 19-Apr-13 16:53:16

I find tankinis more flattering despite the gap, and far from perfect tummy! Swimsuits seem to accentuate it more somehow. Worth trying a couple on,I reckon.

QueenCadbury Fri 19-Apr-13 20:00:42

Bhs used to do swimwear in longer length. So do zoggs. I always have to buy long length otherwise they're jut o uncomfortable.

motherofvikings Fri 19-Apr-13 21:27:35

Thanks all!

I tried on a few in debenhams - weird shaping or not long enough
Next - nice tankini top but the bottoms were a bit too low and the gap was in the worst possible place.

Off to do some googling. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now