Talk

Advanced search

Im 30 with an angry line. Botox?

(4 Posts)
PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Fri 19-Apr-13 10:36:38

Hai all!
Ok so i have a line between my eyebrows, prob from constantly being tired or berating cheeky kids. Is 30 too young to get botox? DH is scared ill go mad and get a weird shiny face and weird cheeks, but its really just that line. No wrinkles anywhere else. Just makes me really paranoid sad

Any thoughts?

NandH Fri 19-Apr-13 10:39:46

I would get the botox.... :-/ I'm really self conscious. you'll probs get lots of no don't do it, but it's your face grin

ClaudiaCutie Fri 19-Apr-13 13:33:11

No 30 is not too young. I had the same line starting between eyes in my teens and waited until I was 30 to Botox it. Wish I'd had it done earlier. Very effective and natural result. Would not be without it now.

The trick is to find an experience, medically qualified practitioner. A doctor or a dentist or similar medical professional (not a medically-unqualified beauty therapist!) Someone who does a LOT of botox and similar treatments. They should give you a consultation first (expect to pay for this, their time is valueable) and they should explain in detail what they recommend and how it works. They may offer to do 'before' photos of you for their files. You DH should come with you if poss so he can hear for himself how the treatment works and the practitioner can address his concerns directly.

Do not select your pracitioner on price, and run a mile if they operate out of a hairdressers or nail salon.

A good pickup is to look for a practitioner who will do your injections then ask to see you two weeks afterwards to review the results. They may offer a top up at the second appointment. It's very important for the practitioner to see new clients after the first lot of treatments as everyone is different and some people need more or less units to get results. Also, once some muscles are botoxed they become weaker so some areas need less units as time goes by, other areas are more stubborn and need a higher dose all the time. A good practioner will keep records of every treatment and the amount of units used and the effect you achieved.

Go for a consult and be prepared to leave without having treatment and to have to find another practitioner. Far better to do that than go ahead and have injections with someone you aren't sure about!

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Fri 19-Apr-13 14:10:06

Very helpful, thank you. My dental surgery does it, might make enquiries there and see....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now