Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get nice work clothes?????

(7 Posts)
SerendipityAlways Fri 19-Apr-13 09:57:48

Can you recommend somewhere that currently stocks a decent and inexpensive range of office wear basics??? I have decided to ditch a lot of my very old work wear, as some of it is literally beginning to fall to pieces. However, the range in stores at the moment (well, certainly where I live anyway) is a bit strange, lots of outsized, boxy type tops and horrid sheer tops, totally unsuitable for where I work...if anyone has seen a nice range of basics anywhere, that doesnt cost the earth I'd really appreciate it! And please dont say Next....as they're one of the main offenders in my opinion... Thank You!

Trillz Fri 19-Apr-13 10:24:34

How smart/dressy/officey/suit-like do you need?

M&S do a number of good dresses (like this one, and are also good for basic skirts.

My favourite work trousers are Gap and Warehouse.

Tops are more variable by season.

SerendipityAlways Fri 19-Apr-13 10:37:28

Thanks Trillz - Managerial type work so pretty smart. I hadnt thought of Gap!

Trillz Fri 19-Apr-13 10:40:45

Some sensible and some not so sensible trousers here

Trillz Fri 19-Apr-13 10:41:21

Warehouse workwear

BottledWaterandFags Fri 19-Apr-13 10:43:56

I get mine from either

-Primark: they have some great stuff if you can see past all the cheap-looking nasty crap
-H&M: Good for plain, just above the knee 'items'. I either wear them on top of leggings, although this might not be smart enough for what you're after or over tights as smart dresses.
-Dotty Ps: They don't have much at all really but I have managed to pick up a couple of nice dresses in the sales.
-Charity shop: Our local charity shop have about 3 rails of just smart work clothes. I don't know if that's just our local shop but I've picked up M&S, FCUK, Wallis etc stuff from there before- some of it with tags still on.
-TK Maxx: do you have one? Very very good for unusual, one- off tops and dresses

HTH

SerendipityAlways Fri 19-Apr-13 12:20:54

Thanks for all those suggestions - my local Primark (Penneys over here) is full of synthetic stuff, so thats not a runner...but I'll check out Warehouse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now