Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour advice please...

(5 Posts)
nobodysfool Thu 18-Apr-13 17:24:47

I have faded coloured bright red hair and would like a chestnut/maghagony colour.
I have just done a strand test of Nice and easy 24 wash in number 81 (mahogany) and even after double the recommended time it has had no effect.
Any ideas what I need to use to get the desired colour?

TattyDevine Thu 18-Apr-13 17:49:48

Loreal Preference 5.35 should do it. It might look darkish at first, but will fill in all the gaps with a shiny mid brown with gold and mahogany reflects.

nobodysfool Thu 18-Apr-13 17:57:17

Really trying to avoid dark dark hair as I had a nightmare recently when I had my hair coloured at a salon and it came out SO dark it was laugh-able.... will have a look at the 5.35 thanks .

TattyDevine Thu 18-Apr-13 18:54:15

To be fair level 5 is a light to mid brown. If you want enough depth to "cover" you might need to do that. Failing that try a 6.35 but you might need professional colour to get this, it would be called Dark Golden Mahogany Blonde.

nobodysfool Thu 18-Apr-13 19:23:55

the 6.35 looks lovely (very similar to my natural colour from what I remember). There is a hairdresser suppliers near me so I'll pop there to get it. Thanks so much .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now