Talk

Advanced search

Help with my blotchy skin please

(14 Posts)
Atinybitworried Thu 18-Apr-13 14:09:31

Can anyone recommend a product that will help my skin please? It's quite red and blotchy on my cheeks and my nose is slightly redder than the rest of me. Like an old drunk, only I'm not old or drunk.

I have good foundations to cover it up, but what I'm really after is to treat it. Maybe with a cream, a peel, a magic potion - anything really.

Any ideas? I'm having my eyes lasered in a fortnight and I'm scared that I'll be terrified of my reflection when I have good eyesight!

Atinybitworried Thu 18-Apr-13 14:52:05

I should add (to help you get a picture of how lovely I look hmm), my skin is generally quite dry. I have bad crows' feet too. Oh, please help!! I have a school reunion in two months and don't want to be the one everyone looks at, thinking, "At least I look better than her.

Shallow? Absolutely.

SofaCanary Thu 18-Apr-13 14:56:25

I swear by Mario Badescu Control Cream for the red patches.

SofaCanary Thu 18-Apr-13 14:57:02

www.beautybay.com/skincare/mariobadescu/controlcream/

Atinybitworried Thu 18-Apr-13 14:59:38

Ordered! Thank you. Looks just what I need.

SofaCanary Thu 18-Apr-13 15:11:26

Bloody hell, you don't mess about! grin

FrugalFashionista Thu 18-Apr-13 15:41:06

Are you sure it's not rosacea?

Atinybitworried Thu 18-Apr-13 15:47:17

SofaCanary, that's what desperation does to a woman!

Frugal, I thought it was, but doctor said no. It does share characteristics though, a kind of red 'stripe' across my nose and cheeks.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 18:34:15

It could be Cuprosa, which is the same but without the bumps and spots.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 18:38:05

The reviews of that cream look fab <tempted>

OP what foundation do you use? I use Bare MInerals but always on the look out for something else.

Apparently using green tea as facial spray is meant to be good - I'm teasing it out this week.

Atinybitworried Thu 18-Apr-13 19:39:47

I use Bareminerals too! Like a little miracle in a pot. I also find that Garnier BB cream makes it look more even. However, I know not everyone's a fan.

I haven't heard of cuprosa. Off to diagnose myself with Dr. Google.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 22:56:18

Do you use the Bisque concealor? I find that fab.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 22:57:54

COUPEROSE I mean not Cuprosa.

CharleenKay Thu 18-Apr-13 23:28:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now