Talk

Advanced search

Do you like this dress, and if you do, have you seen one like it on the high street?

(6 Posts)
workatemylife Thu 18-Apr-13 10:09:29

My spring wardrobe is non-existent. I want to try branching out into tunic / dress and leggings combinations, but would prefer not to have anything too figure hugging (trying to shift some surplus winter pounds blush).

I saw these on Ebay: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velvet-Lace-Embroidered-Gypsy-Hippy-BabyDoll-Mini-Dress-/281088695721?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item4172311da9

What do you lovely stylish ladies think? I'm worried about buying online and from overseas, although the ratings for the shop seem okay. But there's the issue of fit - I tend to prefer to try things on in a shop before buying, but I've not seen anything similar. Any ideas? Or is the dress a hideously bad idea all round?!

SirToffeeDoris Thu 18-Apr-13 10:30:49

Proviso: I'm not stylish, and I don't think much of it. That may mean it is perfectly lovely... blush

Anyway, saw this on Tesco website and thought that while I love the idea of being a floaty hippy, I'd look absolutely awful in it, as I do in anything of that ilk. However, it may be the kind of thing you're looking for. £22

darker print

blue. If you read the review for that colour, you might see the issue some people can have with that sort of flowy style

BeCool Thu 18-Apr-13 10:34:02

I think the ones SirToffee has linked to are much nicer esp for spring/summer

workatemylife Thu 18-Apr-13 10:57:40

Thanks ladies. You might have done enough to save me from myself ! I liked the first 'Tesco' one, but take on board the review comments for the other one. Which I why I'll probably not buy online. Like Toffee, I have a niggling suspicion that I might look either pregnant, muttony, or just plain weird in this kind of thing, however much I like the idea confused

HorraceTheOtter Thu 18-Apr-13 11:17:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

workatemylife Thu 18-Apr-13 14:59:07

I agree Horace - one to wear with tights or leggings rather than bare flesh on the legs (my knees stay resolutely indoors all year!). I've not deleted it from my watch list yet......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now