Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good nail/cuticle conditioner?

(14 Posts)
suebfg Thu 18-Apr-13 10:04:50

The skin under and around my nails is a little unslightly/torn cuticles etc. What can I use to improve it, thanks?

DorisShutt Thu 18-Apr-13 10:21:15

I use the Body Shop almond nail and cuticle oil.

Smells lovely as well as working well.

carrie74 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:21:21

I've used OPI Avoplex and Solar Oil, but find a cream best for me, and have had good results with this: www.boots.com/en/Boots-Salon-Cuticle-and-Nail-Moisturiser_1251976/

101handbags Thu 18-Apr-13 10:28:31

Flexitol from Boots is absolutely brilliant, my cuticles were just like yours (probably worse!) and if you massage a little in every day for a couple of weeks you do end up with lovely smooth cuticles like the before & after picture on the box. It is very thick and sticky, you only need a little.

milkyman Thu 18-Apr-13 13:33:19

Nunail - from boots. Brilliant!

Turquoiseblue Thu 18-Apr-13 18:53:27

Coconut oil or argan oil

suebfg Thu 18-Apr-13 20:28:55

Thanks all. I will check those out tomorrow.

SomethingOnce Thu 18-Apr-13 22:09:29

Another recommendation for Flexitol Cuticle & Nail here (again!).

Totally agree with 101 - it's one of those rare products where you can believe the before and afters shock. I base this on its miraculous effect on both mine and my mum's ragged cuticles.

My only problems with it are that it contains five different parabens (why?!) and I don't care for the fragrance.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 23:00:32

I really like Nails inc nail pen oil.

Lottapianos Fri 19-Apr-13 14:13:07

Soap and Glory Hand Food hand cream is sorting out my raggedy nails and cuticles a treat. I use it 2-3 times a day, it's great stuff. Also use rubber gloves when washing up or doing any cleaning, makes a big difference

neriberi Fri 19-Apr-13 16:22:56

Flexitol is by far the best nail & cuticle product I've used!

I've tried everything under the sun (and spent a small fortune) to stop my nails peeling and fingers cracking, I had read about flexitol on previous S&B thread so gave it ago and it's worked a treat. My nails have stopped peeling and are the longest they've been for ages + my cuticles look normal and happy. Flexitol is my hero nail product now.

suebfg Fri 19-Apr-13 16:30:21

Ooh good because I've just bought Flexitol and the kind lady in Boots gave me loads of Flexitol hand cream samples too.

SomethingOnce Fri 19-Apr-13 17:06:26

Come back ad update us with your results, sue.

I find it makes a difference within days if you apply twice or three times daily to start off with.

suebfg Fri 19-Apr-13 20:38:12

Tbh, I love it already! I must be a bit weird as I like the smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now