Talk

Advanced search

switched to skinnies and haven't worn any of my old jeans/trousers for years, is it time to...

(14 Posts)
nipersvest Wed 17-Apr-13 21:56:50

ditch all the bootlegs?

have quite a few, but don't wear them anymore. the thrifty person in me says keep as they may come back in, but i tried a pair on a couple of months ago, and they just felt weird and frumpy!

have you ditched or kept?

VivaLeBeaver Wed 17-Apr-13 21:57:55

Keep them, they'll be back in next year.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 17-Apr-13 21:58:41

Ditched - they may well come back in but will be a slightly different cut. I mean there are quite a few baby bootcuts/skinny flares around now but the cut is different to the old bootcut.

Unless they're very £££ in which case perhaps hang onto them.

HandMini Wed 17-Apr-13 21:59:53

Ditch them. Nothing better than clearing out the wardrobe to make space for MORE CLOTHES.

nipersvest Wed 17-Apr-13 22:00:10

none are expensive, we're talking next prices not 7 for all mankind or anything wink

BikeRunSki Wed 17-Apr-13 22:00:18

i'm wondering the same.

tigerdriverII Wed 17-Apr-13 22:01:49

I have just ditched mine after a horrible "dress down" day at work where I felt like everyone's frumpy auntie. They are not coming back in the house!

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 17-Apr-13 22:03:35

I am a compulsive wardrobe de-clutterer though. If I don't wear it a lot then it goes on ebay/charity shop.

openerofjars Wed 17-Apr-13 22:05:42

I got crafty and turned my bootcuts into skinnies! There was far too much air around my ankles and it felt weird but I couldn't face doing the jeans shop, so I skinnied them.

MirandaGoshawk Wed 17-Apr-13 22:07:39

I'm with you! Have copied my DD discovered that I can wear skinnies (with boots) and it's such a relief to get rid of the bootlegs - they look so dated. I've kept the boyfriend jeans I've been wearing for a couple of years but am thinking of clearing them out too. They just feel too baggy & unflattering now.

EleanorFarjeon Wed 17-Apr-13 22:08:44

Ditch!

I can't imagine the ghastly bootcut coming back any time soon.

QueenCadbury Wed 17-Apr-13 22:29:34

I agree with mrscb that they're probably the wrong cut of the bootcuts that are around now. Although I can't agree that they've had their day. For some of us parsnip legs, bootcuts still rock.

nipersvest Wed 17-Apr-13 22:50:47

know what you mean about the shape changing. i also have some boyfriend jeans but they are very different to what is called boyfriend now.

mewkins Wed 17-Apr-13 23:03:36

I wore some wide leg trousers to work the other day. Hadn't worn them for about three years. It felt good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now