Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Lift, Slim & Shape jeans from Next- miracle on a hanger!!!

(18 Posts)
Atavistic Wed 17-Apr-13 20:39:42

I went for the dreaded jeans buying excursion, and found them!!

I'm 40, 4 DC, 5'8"' 10st 10' and a size 12, with twin skin and significant CS overhang/ apron issues. I have a long body, shorter leg(31) proportions, and often(usually) look very wide arsed in jeans.

Not these ones. I was so amazed, I rang the bell in the changing room and got the member of staff to bring me anything else they had in the same cut. I bought the darker and lighter denim in slim fit.

The label says that they are "designed with a hidden support panel to hold in your tummy and clever seaming to uplift your bottom instantly".

I have, in the past, tried Not Your Daughter's Jeans, and was horrified with them- far too high waisted, and i felt like a senior in Florida about to go for a power walk.

The Next ones are quite high waisted, but not belly button high,and they really work. I changed into them the second I got home, and my 17 year old babysitter commented on how slim I looked.

If you have tummy issues, have a look.

I was going to post on the AIBU about giving up on jeans, but I didn't want this to get lost. I live in jeans, so this is brilliant!

peggotty Wed 17-Apr-13 21:05:08

lol at 'senior in Florida about to go power walking' grin. I saw those jeans in Next the other day - I generally don't bother with Next and have heard the jeans go baggy quickly but it may be worth a try! I definately have tummy issues and also I-have-no-waist issues...

Atavistic Wed 17-Apr-13 21:31:26

Well, to be fair, I've never bought jeans from Next before- so I'll have to report back on how they wear. They certainly feel very soft and comfy ( a bad thing, I think), but I'm going to a reunion at the weekend, and I've had the most babies of every one there, and I was a size 16 the last time I saw most of them, so these jeans are doing exactly what I need, right now.

Vain? Moi?

FayeKorgasm Wed 17-Apr-13 21:34:52

They are fab. I've just bought 4 pairs. I'm a 10 but some skinny jeans make me feel like the back of a bus. These are great and comfortable. I'm now mid 40's and had enough of jeans that hurt!

auntpetunia Wed 17-Apr-13 21:42:27

oh they sound just like what I need, I've had 2 dc's by csection and now a hysterectomy 16 weeks ago, so have a significant overhang. And I've got a Next voucher from the people at work to spend.

Atavistic Wed 17-Apr-13 21:47:37

£45 a pair

FreshLeticia Wed 17-Apr-13 21:48:21

did you get the ones with the two button waisband? just looking at them now

Atavistic Wed 17-Apr-13 22:15:20

Yeah, two button, and curvy seam over the bum

happyyonisleepyyoni Wed 17-Apr-13 22:55:37

I've got them too and they are great, haven't washed yet though. Generously sized!

Cherriesarelovely Wed 17-Apr-13 23:40:34

I will indeed look for those. I also love "Senior in Florida about to go for a power walk" presumably with a "fanny pack"!

FridgePervert Thu 18-Apr-13 07:57:33

The Asda shape jeans are also quite good. They are a straight leg so a bit baggier at the bottom than I'm used to, but they fit well and the material seems to keep its shape well.
£18 so a bargain!
Will also have a wee look at the next ones.

middleagedspread Sun 21-Apr-13 14:37:38

Well after reading this thread I've ordered the Next ones. I have 34" inside leg so wasn't sure whether to get long (33") or tall (35"). I've ordered both & will report back when they arrive.

middleagedspread Mon 22-Apr-13 17:26:37

They've arrived & I'm quite pleased with them. Got 10 Tall & they are a big tight but quite flattering to my flat/wide bum.

TheDemonShedMaster Mon 22-Apr-13 21:05:13

I bought a pair of these recently - size 16, bootcut - and they were the oddest fitting trousers I have ever put on! They are essentially skinny jeans with a weird little kicky flare at the bottom!! Can't say I was very impressed, as they stretched out of size really quickly and the "hidden panel" is just a bit of jersey attached to the waistband...back to Boden for me...hurrumph...

101handbags Thu 02-May-13 15:24:46

Just wanted to say thank you to the OP as I bought the NExt Lift, Slim & Shape skinny jeans in the grey after reading this and they are fab. I am normally a size 10 in Next jeans, 10-12 in real life, but the 8 fitted as there is some 'give' in them. They Long really is long which is just what I was after. Also the grey ones are proper cotton with a little stretch and other colours were the thinner poly/cotton mix. Very happy!

5madthings Thu 02-May-13 15:27:40

Ooh i was looking at these online and may try some tomorrow now i have heard a 'rl' review.

I shall report back.

MadBusLady Thu 02-May-13 16:05:30

Oooh Atavistic you are my body double, even down to the long torso. Ordering now. Baaaaaaaah...

Whitecat Thu 02-May-13 16:26:42

I've had some for ages. I had to let the hem down after the first wash but that's because I got regular when there was no long in store.
They've maintained shape really well and don't have an expando waistband so I am not continually hoiking them up. Happy grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: