Talk

Advanced search

What handbag for black tie event / maroon outfit?

(5 Posts)

Hello,

I am going to a black tie event on Tuesday, I've got a maroon outfit and gold shoes - picture of shoes on profile.

I'm always rubbish at picking handbags, and I'm struggling to find a handbag to match the shoes, they are quite a mustard-yellow gold.

Could I get away with a completely different colour? I've got a dusty-pinkish brown sequinned clutch...

Thank you oh wise women of the S&B board smile

MrsLettuce Wed 17-Apr-13 19:22:36

Can't see your profile (not public) but you'd not go far wrong with a black sparkly job IMHO. MAtching bag and shoes is old hat anyway, unless you're going with a vintage look of course.

Sorry, public now.

I probably have a black evening bag somewhere, I just wondered if it would be a bit boring...

MrsLettuce Wed 17-Apr-13 19:48:50

Ooh! THey're great!

Do you have a photo of / link to the dress?

Black isn't the most inspired choice, no. Safe though. I'd be inclined to go with a pattern / floral myself. As long as it tones with the dress or shoes it's easy. this? is massive though. this is maybe a bit fussy.

A plain colour in a similar tone to the shoes could be great too but you'd have to have all 3 pieces together IRL to have any chance of getting it right. a 1/4 of a tone off and it could be a disayter. Maybe green? turquoise? The right pink or orange could be good too.

No good photo I'm afraid but this is the closest I can find on google images - similar shape but not so shiny:

www.beflirtydresses.com/acatalog/Carlas-Backless-Evening-Dress.html

Can I get away with a colour competely different to the shoes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now