Talk

Advanced search

help needed from those with smooth, blemish-free arms!

(18 Posts)
blondiep14 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:59:10

Have just seen a photo of the tops of my arms, and after being aghast at their size, I was drawm to the fact they're a little blotchy looking at the back.

It is my DSis's wedding in 2 weeks and I know the photos will 'smooth' them - but is there any magic potion I can use that will help? And that doesn't require another limb in payment?!

There are little under the skin bumps I'd like to get rid of, and the blotching if possible. I do exfoliate, but not religiously.

TIA smile

Wildwaterfalls Wed 17-Apr-13 19:06:12

I have exactly the same problem with small bumps on arms (and legs actually) and haven't found a magic solution. I find exfoliating doesn't help and actually makes it worse, but lots of moistening (every evening, with ordinary body lotion) does lessen their appearance..

Good luck! Let me know if you find something that works.

Wildwaterfalls Wed 17-Apr-13 19:07:43

Oh forgot to say exposure to fresh air / sunlight also helps, but that only works if the weather is good.

blondiep14 Wed 17-Apr-13 21:31:03

Yes, I'm sure these bumps go in the Summer, shame we haven't got Summery weather hmm
Perhaps I'll just up the moisturising and wear t-shirts for the next fortnight and hope it helps!

margaritathatcher Wed 17-Apr-13 21:46:42

There is nothing worse than wobbly arms. Cover them up!

Swimming is brill for upper arms. Two weeks isn't going to make a lot of difference though... Sorry!

nothruroad Wed 17-Apr-13 21:50:36

I got advice on this from a thread here last year. This works for me - use Soap and Glory 'Scrub your nose in it' as a body scrub and then moisturise with Flexitol heel cream. This woorks for me in 4-5 days.

blondiep14 Wed 17-Apr-13 22:17:12

Thanks Margarita but i was seeking advice on smoothing the skin rather than how to tone them.
Not that that wouldn't help of course, but as you rightly say, 2 weeks isn't time. I'd love to cover them up but am a bridesmaid so wear what I'm told!

nothruroad - brilliant, thank you. I'm off to Boots first thing thanks

sarahandduck Wed 17-Apr-13 22:19:59

You need a dermaflannel.....amazing results, and in two weeks you'll have the smooth blemish free arms you want.

sarahandduck Wed 17-Apr-13 22:21:27

www.bravuralondon.com/dermaflannel.html

WetWeekend Wed 17-Apr-13 22:22:14

You need those exfoliating gloves. They're about £1 in superdrug/ tesco/ wilkos. Use them every day in the shower & then put lotion on (I use soap & glory body butter). No more bumpy arms.

Sleepwhenidie Thu 18-Apr-13 09:42:08

Daily body brushing and rich moisturiser and drinking loads of water should help a lot.

Longer term, regular exercise, the kind that makes you red faced and sweatygrin, is the best thing for skin.

Branleuse Thu 18-Apr-13 10:14:26

kerastosis pilaris.

i find sunshine does them good. Exfoliating, and mositurising a lot.

The moisturiser with tan in it hides them a bit

Fab41 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:17:49

I use a loofah mitt from boots and then moisturise, if I remember to do it every day the bumps disappear, and come back when I get lazy and forget. Pia but worth it.

NotMostPeople Thu 18-Apr-13 10:44:25

Agree with nothruroad Flexatol gets rid of them very quickly.

Sleepwhenidie Thu 18-Apr-13 13:22:11

And a light fake tan will also make it look much better wink

blondiep14 Thu 18-Apr-13 14:32:40

Thanks all flowers

squoosh Thu 18-Apr-13 14:48:45

Vigorous dry body brushing before my shower every morning totally zapped my goose pimply, kerastosis pilaris upper arms.

squoosh Thu 18-Apr-13 14:49:52

And yes, Flexitol is really good as it contains lots of urea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now