Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for 3.5yo DD1

(10 Posts)
TickledYonion Wed 17-Apr-13 16:25:01

DD has had 2 pairs of shoes over the very long winter. 1 pair of clarks brown boots and 1 pair of cheap sainsbury's sparkly shoes for parties.

Now that it's a bit warmer I want to get her something lighter. Went to an independent shoes shop and Clarks yesterday and really struggled to find something that fits these criteria:

DD must like it so it needs some pink/purple/sparkle.
I must not hate it so not too much pink/purple/sparkle.
Suitable for British summer so probably not canvas.
Must look OK with most outfits, jeans, leggings, skirts etc.
Must go with most colours.

Am I asking too much? I am willing to pay about £30 for something that fits all those criteria.

Can anyone help?

MrsBungle Wed 17-Apr-13 16:27:37

My DD is 3.5 and the shoes she has are:

A pair of leather Clarks 'proper shoes'
A pair of Boots from Tesco (they have lasted really well)
A pair of converse
A pair of Lelli Kelly's
A pair of Clark's doodles
A pair of crocs
Wellies

My friend's DD has on some lovely sparkly sketchers the other day.

threepiecesuite Wed 17-Apr-13 16:30:11

What size is she? My DD is 3.2 but still in a size 6 so rather limited to toddler styles - the older girls styles in Clarks start at a 7.

I've just bought these for her in Next, I had a similar pair last year and they were sturdy enough through Spring/Summer and the colour seemed to go with most outfits, she wears trousers a lot.
I like neutral sensible shoes and she likes pink sparkly shite so we met in the middle.

5madthings Wed 17-Apr-13 16:37:44

M&s do some nice leather shoes in various colors.

I go to an independent she shop and got my dd a pair of shoes by 'petasil' the other day. They were more than £30 but they are gorgeous, pea green tho, not punk/purple.

Ecco do nice children's shoes.

Also ricosta, lelli Kelly, buckle my shoe.

5madthings Wed 17-Apr-13 16:41:07

www.petasilkidsshoes.com/girls/products/autumn-winter/girls-autumn-winter-2012.php

This is the make I got ,y dd, she has the 'campus' ones in a bright pea green col our smile

5madthings Wed 17-Apr-13 16:43:06

shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/baby-shoes

Ecco shoes for little ones smile

5madthings Wed 17-Apr-13 16:49:47

m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/Lace-High-Spotted-Cuff-Trainers/dp/B003VX1ZK2?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_127&nodeId=215425031&sr=1-127&qid=1366213542&pf_rd_r=18NDJTDXXKS41HPS2NEE&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=215425031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

My dd has these from m&s as well and some converse, some wellies, some crocs, a pair of kickers, they are nice and come in lots of col ours, my dd's are navy with flowers. And I just bought her a pair of canvas catch kids tin shoes from john Lewis for £16. John Lewis is worth a look as they do nice shoes.

In defence of dd and her shoe collection, I have four boys all older than her and am enjoying the novelty of girls clothes! blush

5madthings Wed 17-Apr-13 16:51:16

www.kickers.co.uk/c/kids/shoes/gender/girls/?cm_mmc=AARF-_-GooglePPC-_-Google_UK-_-kicker_girls_shoes&gclid=CKiM0fCG0rYCFZMbtAod_m8AhQ

Kickers, the link takes you to their first page, but they have ever five pages of shoes.

TickledYonion Wed 17-Apr-13 20:14:48

Thanks everyone. I'll have a look at the links.
Maybe I'm being unrealistic thinking she can manage on only a couple of pairs of shoes, but it's been drilled into me that kids must have properly fitting shoes and they are so expensive.

5madthings Wed 17-Apr-13 21:22:52

tickled my dd has the expensive properly fitted pair then I buy others in the same size, but she is my 5th and so I try them on her and check the fit. Also my friend knows a 'foot person' who said as long as their main pair are well fitting its OK to have cheaper ones as spares for playing in. My kids all go barefoot in the house so shoes only for when out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now