Talk

Advanced search

What jewellery companies do you like?

(28 Posts)
LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 14:31:35

I'm looking to buy something nice but I've never done it before. I've looked in the high street stores online, department stores and at Dower and Hall and Chambers and Beau, Etsy and notonthehighstreet and I haven't fallen in love with anything yet.

Is there anywhere else I should look?

lizzieannejames Wed 17-Apr-13 14:49:06

Well it really depends on your budget and what you want.

I am a Tiffany fiend- you can get some nice necklaces for under £200 on their website. I (personally) don't like jewellery from department stores- looks very mumsy which isn't really my look.

Mikey do some nice quirky bits- some Topshop stores sell it and its online as well.

valiumredhead Wed 17-Apr-13 15:22:30

Google Jeremy Herber, his jewellery is fantastic and look even better in RL than on line. You can only buy online but he is really good about returning stuff if you don't like it/doesn't fit. Unusual but very wearable.

valiumredhead Wed 17-Apr-13 15:22:57

I have three of his rings and am about to order some earrings.

chocoluvva Wed 17-Apr-13 15:24:03

Sheila Fleet

LulaPalooza Wed 17-Apr-13 15:38:39

Dinny Hall and Stephen Einhorn for spenny stuff

Oliver Bonas for cheaper stuff.

TheSurgeonsMate Wed 17-Apr-13 15:49:29

Dazzle has loads of stuff from individual designers. I've been buying things from their travelling exhibitions since I was a teenager, I've never actually bought online but I'd think they'd be trustworthy.

noisytoys Wed 17-Apr-13 15:53:23

Tiffany

Plumpcious Wed 17-Apr-13 16:21:15

Ola Gorie: www.olagoriejewellery.com/necklaces Designs available in gold or silver.

Sheila Fleet: www.sheilafleet.com/ The gold prices are scary but she does silver too.

Both companies are based in Orkney and I'm not sure how widely available they are in shops. Sheila Fleet has a shop in Edinburgh and I've seen her work in jewellery shops in Scotland. Ola Gorie's website say they now only sells from their shop in Kirkwall, Orkney, and via mail order (which is a shame because I've bought 3 pieces over the years from bricks&mortar shops, which I wouldn't have done if I'd just seen them on a website).

HarrySnotter Wed 17-Apr-13 16:26:10

I support it depends on what type you like really. I love Alex Monroe jewellery and have about three necklaces, bracelets and a couple of pairs of his earrlings.

www.alexmonroe.com/m1/Necklaces/index.html

chocoluvva Wed 17-Apr-13 18:23:23

Sheila Fleet is stocked in Jenners. (Loch Lomond shores)

madammecholet Wed 17-Apr-13 18:31:51

Am loving these at the moment:

Monica Vinader
Stella & Dot
Alex Monroe
Azuni
Tatty Devine
Glitzy Secrets (for ver ver glam crystal stuff)

LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 18:32:56

Oh. Fantastic. Lots to check out. Just popping in for now. I'll enjoy having a look at those once the Dcs are in bed.

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 17-Apr-13 18:34:56

I love Clogau stuff. I like silver and rose gold but no so much big bling stones.

I have the beachcomber earrings that i wear daily and the sessile oak ring and necklace.

madmomma Wed 17-Apr-13 19:54:59

theo fennell

LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 19:55:22

Lots of very lovely things there. Thankyou.

I am torn at the moment. I tend toward very simple styles, but then wonder if it is too tame. Then I look at something that is more showy, I ownder when I will be able to wear it.

I guess I just don't buy enough jewellery grin

Operafan Wed 17-Apr-13 19:59:45

Not really into names I used to like Pia but am not keen on their current stuff.

I keep looking at an ebay seller called Amber Sunflower - as I like unusual semi precious stones.

LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 20:01:13

I am very tempted by some of the Clogau stuff. I see it a lot as we live in Wales. The rose gold is beautiful. The pieces I like do tend to fall under the, 'Will I actually wear it?' heading Not that I don't love it, but how much will I get to wear it. Beachcomber bracelet I like. And Awelon necklaceand ring.

BasketzatDawn Wed 17-Apr-13 20:05:26

I LOVE my Sheila Fleet ring - twasa birthday present. I'd like a pair of earrings but can't afford ....

LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 20:12:30

Yes. There are some lovely things on her site. What's your ring like? I think I was looking at ones with bird on.

miaowmix Wed 17-Apr-13 20:20:56

Alex Monroe
Monica Vinader
Stella & Dot

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 17-Apr-13 20:40:54

clogau outlet if you buy Clogau you can usually find voucher codes and go via top cash back for an extra few percent cash back which you get down the line.

LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 20:42:01

I really like ome of the Monica Vinader stuff too. I think another thing I can't get over is that I wanted something with a ruby in it, but all the stuff with rubies in I don't like. Lots of other stones yes, but not them. They're my birthstone. It's my 40th birthday - that's why rubies.

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 17-Apr-13 20:42:36

DH got me the Awelon necklace for Xmas. Its really nice. A little dressy but not uncomfortably so. Its the sort of this I wear out to lunch with family or if DH and I ever get out together in the evening.

LaTrucha Wed 17-Apr-13 20:48:44

It's very pretty. I sort of want something I can wear lots though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now